ETH Zurich Scholarships 2024
|Eligible Nationalities||All Countries|
scholarship covering living and study expenses (CHF 12’000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver.
|Application Deadline||Please refer University official website|
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or scholarship to support your degree program? ETH Zurich, Switzerland inviting online application for ETH Zurich Scholarship 2024.
Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over this scholarship program’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
About ETH Zurich Scholarship 2024
Scholarships are available for the year 2024 at ETH Zurich, one of the top colleges for science and technology in the world. Outstanding overseas students have a distinguished chance to continue their education at one of Switzerland’s most esteemed universities with the ETH Zurich Scholarship. The scholarship seeks to draw in gifted people with exceptional academic records, leadership potential, and a desire to have a positive effect in their profession.
The award pays for the recipient’s selected programme’s tuition, living costs, and other associated expenditures. Students have a one-of-a-kind chance to get fully immersed in the lively academic community at ETH Zurich, work on cutting-edge projects, and cooperate with world-renowned academics.
Application materials must be complete and include academic records, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, and other pertinent paperwork. Candidates will be evaluated based on their academic quality, potential for future research, and personal accomplishments throughout the very competitive selection process.
The ETH Zurich Scholarship 2024 offers exceptionally gifted people the chance to pursue their academic and research goals at one of the best institutions in the world, nurturing their intellectual development and laying the foundation for future success.
Program of Study
- Engineering and Applied Sciences:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Natural Sciences:
- Earth Sciences
- Architecture and Planning:
- Urban Planning
- Landscape Architecture
- Environmental Sciences and Engineering:
- Environmental Systems Science
- Environmental Engineering
- Information Technology and Management:
- Data Science
- Information Security
- Business Analytics
- Biotechnology and Biomedical Engineering:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computational Science and Engineering:
- Computational Biology
- Computational Physics
- Computational Chemistry
About ETH Zurich
The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, also known as ETH Zurich, is a notable university in Switzerland. It was founded in 1855 and is routinely rated as one of the best colleges in the world, excelling in the departments of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). Numerous undergraduate and graduate programmes are available at ETH Zurich, which places an emphasis on interdisciplinary work, research, and innovation. ETH Zurich offers a stimulating environment for students to develop their skills, participate in cutting-edge research, and contribute to advancements in various scientific and technological fields thanks to its diverse and international student body, cutting-edge facilities, and strong emphasis on practical application.
- The Excellence Scholarship/ESOP consists of a scholarship covering living and study expenses (CHF 12’000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver.
ESOP is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters). This also applies for the tuition fee waiver.
- Living Expenses: Recipients may receive a stipend or allowance to cover living expenses, including accommodation, meals, and other daily costs.
- Travel Expenses: The scholarship may provide funding for travel expenses, such as round-trip airfare from the recipient’s home country to Zurich, Switzerland.
- Health Insurance: The scholarship may include health insurance coverage for the duration of the recipient’s studies at ETH Zurich.
- Research Funding: Depending on the program of study, the scholarship might provide additional funding for research projects, laboratory fees, or other academic expenses.
- Nationality: The scholarship may be open to international students from various countries around the world.
- Academic Excellence: Applicants should have a strong academic background and demonstrate outstanding academic achievements in their previous studies.
- Admissions: Candidates must have successfully applied for admission to a master’s or doctoral program at ETH Zurich. Meeting the admission requirements of the chosen program is a prerequisite for scholarship consideration.
- Leadership Potential: Applicants may be evaluated based on their leadership qualities, potential for future leadership roles, and involvement in extracurricular activities.
- Research Potential: Depending on the scholarship program, applicants may be assessed for their research potential, including prior research experience and the alignment of their research interests with the program’s focus areas.
- Motivation and Purpose: Candidates should provide a compelling statement of purpose outlining their motivation for pursuing the chosen program at ETH Zurich and how it aligns with their future goals.
- Application Form: Applicants will typically need to complete and submit an online application form specific to the ETH Zurich Scholarship 2024.
- Academic Transcripts: Official academic transcripts or records from previous educational institutions, demonstrating academic performance and achievements.
- Letters of Recommendation: Applicants may be required to submit letters of recommendation from professors, teachers, or professionals who can speak to their academic abilities, character, and potential.
- Statement of Purpose: A written statement outlining the applicant’s motivation for pursuing the chosen program at ETH Zurich, career goals, and how the scholarship will contribute to their academic and professional development.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume: A comprehensive document detailing the applicant’s educational background, research experience, work history, publications, and other relevant achievements.
- Language Proficiency: Depending on the program and language of instruction, applicants may need to provide proof of language proficiency through standardized tests such as TOEFL or IELTS.
- Research Proposal (if applicable): For research-based programs, applicants may need to submit a research proposal outlining their intended research topic, objectives, methodology, and potential impact.
How to Apply for ETH Zurich Scholarship 2024?
- Research Scholarship Programs: Explore the available scholarship programs at ETH Zurich and identify the ones that align with your field of study and eligibility criteria.
- Check Eligibility: Review the eligibility criteria and ensure that you meet all the requirements for the chosen scholarship program.
- Gather Required Documents: Collect all the necessary documents, including academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, CV/resume, language proficiency test scores (if applicable), and any additional documents specified in the scholarship guidelines.
- Complete the Online Application: Fill out the online application form specific to the ETH Zurich Scholarship 2023. Provide accurate and detailed information as required.
- Submit the Application: After completing the application form, submit it along with all the required documents within the specified deadline. Make sure to double-check all the information provided and ensure that all documents are properly uploaded.
- Pay Attention to Additional Requirements: Some scholarship programs may have additional requirements, such as research proposals or interviews. Be aware of any additional steps and ensure that you fulfill all the necessary requirements.
- Track Application Status: After submitting the application, monitor the status of your application through the designated online portal or communication channels provided by ETH Zurich. Stay updated on any further instructions or requests from the scholarship committee.
FAQ About Scholarship
When can I apply?
During the international application period, which runs from November to mid-December, we accept applications for the academic year that will begin the following year (fall semester). Application submissions must be made using eApply. Only ETH Zurich students are eligible to apply for the spring semester.
How long does the Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP) last for?
The ESOP programme lasts for the length of the Master’s curriculum of your choice.
When is the grant paid out?
Three or four installments are required for the award payment. At the start of each semester, a new installment is provided. To be eligible for these payments, your semester enrollment must be complete.
How is the grant paid out?
The grant is paid out to your personal bank or post office account in Switzerland.
Is it possible to transfer the ESOP to another study programme than?
The award cannot be transferred to a different study programme than the one that was first selected.
Will I continue to receive the grant during my exchange semester at another university?
Not at all; the grant will be halted. Your tuition expenses will still be waived, though. If your semester abroad lengthens the time it takes you to finish your studies, the grant will be calculated based on the typical number of semesters needed to finish your study programme. You won’t be eligible for any further grant installments if your exchange semester has no bearing on how long you study for.
Please let the ESOP office (Financial Aid Office) know if you want to go on exchange for a semester.
Will I still receive the grant if I complete my Master’s thesis at another university?
If the time required to complete your Master’s thesis at another university does not exceed the normal length of your study course, you will continue to receive the award during that time.
I have to complete a compulsory internship. Do I still qualify for the grant?
The award will often not be given during an internship that is required for a curriculum and lasts at least 10 weeks. After returning, the scholarship remains in effect for the usual length of time.
I want to do a voluntary internship. Do I still qualify for the grant?
You are responsible for determining whether you want to keep receiving the grant during your voluntary internship or if it should be stopped. You are not eligible to continue receiving grant funds after the regular length of your academic course if you complete an internship. You must let the ESOP office (Financial Aid Office) know if you intend to participate in an internship.
Is it allowed to h an assistantship during the ESOP?
As long as the studies are not jeopardised, ESOP and assistantship are compatible. If the assistantship forces you to extend your course of study, you will be responsible for paying for the extra semester on your own.
Disclaimer: This is not the official scholarship website; it is only a one-page description of the scholarship. Despite our best efforts to keep the material up to date and correct, changes might happen at any time without prior notice. The most current, accurate, and complete information may be found on the official scholarship website, which we strongly advise you to verify. Any reliance you put on knowledge received from NotesBard.com is totally at your own risk.