Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship 2023-2024
|Grade Level||Masters / MBA|
|Eligible Nationalities||All Countries|
Oxford University in partnership with the Pershing Square Foundation.
|Award||Six full scholarships are available for both the Master’s and the MBA year. This scholarship covers full tuition fee and provide £17,668 toward living expenses for both years of study|
|Application Deadline||Please refer university website|
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or scholarship to support your degree program? Oxford University, United Kingdom inviting online application for Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship 2023-2024.
Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over this scholarship program’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
About Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship 2023-2024
The Oxford-Pershing Square Graduate Scholarships were established in 2014 and provide up to six full scholarships for both the Master’s and MBA degrees. Any of the 1+1 MBA partnership degrees can be pursued by scholars in addition to our MBA.
Oxford University and the Pershing Square Foundation are collaborating to provide the distinguished Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship for the academic year 2023–2024. This scholarship intends to assist exceptional people who are dedicated to tackling global issues via creative and long-lasting commercial solutions.
Candidates from a range of academic backgrounds who have a high aptitude for leadership and a comprehensive awareness of social concerns are eligible for the scholarship. The University of Oxford’s Sad Business School will provide a one-year full-time MBA programme to those who are selected.
The Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship provides complete tuition assistance, a sizable living allowance, and access to an extensive network of international mentors and advisers. A special and comprehensive leadership development programme that blends academic rigour with real-world experience and promotes creative thinking and entrepreneurial action is also available to scholars.
The scholarship application process has several steps, including a written application, an interview, and a final presentation. It is quite competitive. Candidates are judged on their academic prowess, aptitude for leadership, social impact, and entrepreneurial spirit.
The Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship equips extraordinary people with the tools, information, and support they need to use creative business strategies to have a long-lasting good influence on society.
Program of Study
- Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- The Master of Public Policy (MPP).
- MSc in Criminology and Criminal Justice.
- MSc in Computer Science.
- MSc in Education (Child Development and Education).
- MSc in Visual, Material and Museum Anthropology.
- MSc in Cognitive and Evolutionary Anthropology.
- MSc in Biodiversity, Conservation, and Management.
- MSc in Environmental Change and Management.
- MSc in Education (Comparative and International Education).
- MSc in Education (Higher Education).
- MSc in Comparative Social Policy.
- MSc in Evidence-Based Social Intervention and Policy Evaluation.
- MSc in Sociology.
- MSc in Economic and Social History.
- MST in Music.
- MSc in International Health and Tropical Medicine.
- MSc in Migration Studies.
- MSc in Social Science of the Internet.
- MSc in Social Anthropology.
- MSc in Nature, Society and Environmental Governance.
- MSc in Water Science, Policy and Management.
- MSc in African Studies.
- MSc in Contemporary Chinese Studies.
- MSc in Japanese Studies.
- MSc in Latin American Studies.
- MSc in Modern South Asian Studies.
- MSc in Russian and East European Studies.
About Pershing Square Foundation
The well-known businessman and hedge fund manager Bill Ackman founded the charitable Pershing Square Foundation. Through its financing and assistance, the foundation seeks to address serious global concerns and provide good social impact. It emphasises topics including economic growth, social entrepreneurship, healthcare, and education. The Pershing Square Foundation works to support people and organisations that offer fresh, long-term approaches to social problems. It offers grants, scholarships, and mentorship opportunities to assist projects that might fundamentally alter the course of human history. The foundation’s activities are motivated by a conviction in the ability of entrepreneurship, leadership, and cooperation to bring about significant change.
You will be considered in order of priority for the scholarship:
1. New applicants to the Oxford 1+1 MBA programme
You must be admitted to a 1+1 MBA partnering programme and to the MBA prior to the selection process (waitlisted or re-evaluated applicants will not be considered)
2. If you apply to any full-time one-year Master’s course that is not currently part of the official list of 1+1 MBA partnering programmes, and to the MBA (as a separate application)
3. If you are:
moving into your MBA year and have not been considered for the scholarship in the previous year (eg waitlisted/ re-evaluated applicants)
admitted to the MBA while studying on one of the 1+1 MBA partnering programmes
- Completed Application Form: This includes personal information, academic background, employment history, and other relevant details.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): A comprehensive document highlighting your educational qualifications, work experience, achievements, extracurricular activities, and any other relevant information.
- Academic Transcripts: Official transcripts from all universities or colleges attended, demonstrating your academic performance and achievements.
- Standardized Test Scores: Depending on the program and eligibility criteria, you may need to submit scores for tests such as the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) or GRE (Graduate Record Examination).
- Personal Statement: A written statement outlining your motivations, goals, and how you plan to use your MBA education to make a positive impact on society.
- Letters of Recommendation: Typically, two to three letters of recommendation are required from individuals who can attest to your academic abilities, leadership potential, and personal qualities.
- Essays or Written Prompts: You may be asked to write essays or respond to specific questions provided by the scholarship committee.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency: For non-native English speakers, you may need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency through tests like the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
- Financial Documentation: Some scholarships require proof of financial need, such as bank statements or financial aid applications.
How to Apply for Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship 2023-2024?
The scholarship essay must be uploaded in the ‘Funding’ part of the 1+1 MBA programme application by the deadline in order for it to be taken into consideration.
Give your response to the following query in no more than 500 words:
How do you intend to change the world and what does this tell us about you as a person?
- Academic achievement demonstrated through degree results, GMAT or GRE score, previous university prizes and awards, and other academic achievements.
- Leadership potential demonstrated through experience and motivation.
- Strong personal character, integrity, and commitment.
- Intention to focus on addressing world-scale social challenges in your career, either in an existing organisation or through the development of a new enterprise.
- Ability to envision how to achieve scalable and sustainable solutions to these challenges.
- Articulated vision on how the Oxford 1+1 MBA will allow you to fulfil your objectives.
You are advised to highlight these attributes in your 1+1 MBA application, scholarship essay and interview answers.
FAQ About Scholarship
Q: What is the deadline for applying to the Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship 2023-2024?
A: Each year, the precise date for the scholarship application may change. For the most precise and recent information on application deadlines, it is advised to consult the official scholarship website or get in touch with the admissions staff of Sad Business School, University of Oxford.
Q: Can international students apply for the scholarship?
A: Yes, both local and foreign students may apply for the Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship.
Q: Can I apply for the scholarship if I have already started my MBA studies?
A: No, the scholarship is exclusively accessible to those who are submitting an application for the Sad Business School, University of Oxford’s one-year full-time MBA programme. Candidates applying to other programmes or those who have already started their MBA courses are ineligible.
Q: Can I apply for the scholarship if I have already received another scholarship or funding?
A: While the requirements may change from year to year, normally applicants who have already received a sizable amount of financing for their MBA studies may not be eligible for the Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship. Reviewing the particular conditions and limitations mentioned in the scholarship standards is advised.
Q: Are there any specific academic or professional backgrounds required to apply for the scholarship?
A: Applicants from a range of academic backgrounds are eligible for the Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship. No particular academic or professional requirements exist. However, candidates should show that they have a great capacity for leadership, a desire to confront global difficulties, and an awareness of social issues.
Q: How are scholarship recipients selected?
A: There is intense competition for the scholarships. Candidates are judged on their academic prowess, aptitude for leadership, social impact, and entrepreneurial spirit. An interview, a final presentation, and a written application are often part of the selection process.
Q: What does the scholarship cover?
A: The Sad Business School, University of Oxford’s full-year MBA programme is fully funded through the Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship. In addition, beneficiaries get access to a wide network of international mentors and advisers as well as a considerable living allowance.
Q: Is the scholarship renewable for subsequent years?
A: The Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship is not automatically renewed for further years; instead, it is given for a single academic year.
Q: Can I defer the scholarship if I am unable to attend Oxford University in the year I am awarded the scholarship?
A: Since deferral rules might differ, it’s a good idea to carefully read the exact instructions offered by the scholarship committee. Deferrals may occasionally be taken into account, although they are normally only approved in extreme instances.
Disclaimer: This is not the official scholarship website; it is only a one-page description of the scholarship. Despite our best efforts to keep the material up to date and correct, changes might happen at any time without prior notice. The most current, accurate, and complete information may be found on the official scholarship website, which we strongly advise you to verify. Any reliance you put on knowledge received from NotesBard.com is totally at your own risk.