Vienna International Postdoctoral Program 2024
|Eligible Nationalities||All Countries|
|Application Deadline||Please refer official website.|
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or scholarship to support your degree program? Vienna BioCenter, Vienna, Austria. inviting online application for Vienna International Postdoctoral Program 2024.
Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over this scholarship program’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
About Vienna International Postdoctoral Program 2024
Candidates with expertise in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, engineering, computer science, and bioinformatics are eligible for three-year fellowships under VIP2, a postdoctoral fellowship programme at the Vienna BioCenter (VBC).
A second mentor may be selected from the VBC research institutions, the VBC biotech sector, our alumni network, or other sources as part of the programme’s two-mentor system, which allows fellows to choose a primary research group and academic mentor based on their individual projects. As a stepping stone to a self-sufficient professional path, the VIP2 programme chooses participants whose projects have the potential to grow into unique research lines. Inter-lab and interdisciplinary initiatives are strongly encouraged.
An English-speaking campus with a top-notch research infrastructure, equal opportunity assistance, including health care benefits and pension contributions, and a heavily subsidised child care facility is the Vienna BioCenter.
In addition to providing an excellent research environment, VIP2 also offers a systematic training and career development programme based on the motto “Inform, Inspire, Innovate.”
Program of Study
- Computer science,
About Vienna BioCenter (VBC)
A premier centre for life sciences research, the Vienna BioCenter (VBC) is situated in Vienna, Austria. The Institute of Molecular Biotechnology (IMBA), the Institute of Molecular Pathology (IMP), the Gregor Mendel Institute (GMI), and the Max Perutz Labs (MFPL) are working together on this project. Modern equipment available at the VBC promotes multidisciplinary study in fields including molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, and biophysics. It is home to eminent scientists, postdoctoral researchers, and students who carry out cutting-edge research in an effort to solve the mysteries of life and promote biotechnology, agriculture, and healthcare.
- Citizenship: There are no nationality restrictions, but candidates must undertake transnational mobility, which means that candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity in Austria for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
- Academic Excellence: Applicants must have a strong academic track record and meet the minimum GPA or academic requirements set by the university.
- Leadership Potential: Applicants should demonstrate leadership qualities and a commitment to making a positive impact in their communities or fields of interest.
- Community Involvement: Applicants should have a record of community engagement or volunteer work, showcasing their dedication to social development.
- Admissions Criteria: Applicants must meet the specific admission requirements for the chosen degree program at the respective university.
- English Language Proficiency: Applicants may be required to provide proof of English language proficiency through standardized tests like TOEFL or IELTS.
- Field of Study: Applicants must hold a PhD in life sciences or related disciplines such as physics, engineering, chemistry, computer science, or mathematics.
- Research: Explore the official websites of universities, research institutions, or funding agencies in Vienna for any available postdoctoral programs.
- Eligibility: Review the eligibility criteria, including academic qualifications, research experience, and any specific requirements mentioned for the program.
- Research Proposal: Prepare a research proposal outlining your intended research project, objectives, methodology, and potential impact.
- Application Form: Complete the application form provided by the program, ensuring you provide accurate personal and academic information.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): Prepare an updated CV highlighting your academic background, research experience, publications, awards, and relevant skills.
- Letters of Recommendation: Request letters of recommendation from professors, mentors, or colleagues who can provide insight into your research capabilities.
- Transcripts: Submit copies of your academic transcripts to demonstrate your educational qualifications.
- Statement of Purpose: Write a statement of purpose explaining your research interests, career goals, and how the program aligns with your aspirations.
- Additional Documents: Include any additional documents requested, such as proof of language proficiency, project samples, or publications.
- Submit Application: Follow the instructions provided by the program to submit your application, either through an online portal or via email/mail.
It is essential to remember that various postdoctoral programmes may have distinct prerequisites and application processes. Therefore, it is essential to go to the program’s official website or get in touch with the administrators of the programme directly to receive the most precise and up-to-date application instructions as soon as they are released.
FAQ About Scholarship
A maximum of 15 positions can be awarded per call.
Yes, provided that you will complete your PhD prior to beginning employment.
There are no nationality restrictions, but candidates must undertake transnational mobility, which means that candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity in Austria for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
Disclaimer: This is not the official scholarship website; it is only a one-page description of the scholarship. Despite our best efforts to keep the material up to date and correct, changes might happen at any time without prior notice. The most current, accurate, and complete information may be found on the official scholarship website, which we strongly advise you to verify. Any reliance you put on knowledge received from NotesBard.com is totally at your own risk.