|Application Deadline||June 30, 2023|
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or awards to support your degree program? Kingston University, England inviting online application for CGS/ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Awards. Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over this awards’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
About CGS/ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Award
Two awards are given annually in two different broad areas (mathematics, physical sciences, and engineering; and social sciences; and the biological and life sciences; and humanities and fine arts). Individuals must be nominated for these awards by a member institution, nominations will be accepted until June 30, 2023. Nominated dissertations must be in the ProQuest database to be eligible.
The fields of competition for this year are:
1. Biological Sciences/Life Sciences: biology; botany; zoology; ecology; embryology; entomology; genetics; nutrition; plant pathology; plant physiology; anatomy; biochemistry; biophysics; microbiology; pathology; pharmacology; physiology; and related fields (health sciences). Also included are agriculture, forestry, zoology; and related fields.
2. Humanities and Fine Arts: history; philosophy; language; linguistics; literature; archaeology; jurisprudence; the history, theory and criticism of the arts; ethics; comparative religion; and those aspects of the social sciences that employ historical or philosophical approaches.
For six decades, the Council of Graduate Schools (CGS) has been the national voice for the graduate dean community. CGS is the only national organization in the United States that is dedicated solely to the advancement of graduate education and research.
CGS accomplishes its mission through advocacy in the policy arena, innovative research, and the development and dissemination of best practices. CGS also acts as a convening authority, organizing major events that bring together graduate deans and other stakeholders to discuss and take action on a broad range of issues affecting graduate education today.
CGS/ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Awards Coverage
Two CGS/ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Awards, each consisting of an award of $2,000 and a certificate of recognition, will be presented at the CGS Annual Meeting Awards Luncheon in December 2023, in Washington, DC. Reasonable travel expenses of award recipients will be covered.
CGS/ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Awards Eligibility Criteria
- “Regular” institutional members of CGS may submit nominations.
- Each eligible member may nominate one person in the field of humanities and fine arts and one person in the field of biological sciences. (for a total of two nominations maximum, per institution). A separate nomination form and package must be submitted for each institutional nominee.
- The effective date of the degree awarded, or the completion of doctoral degree requirements and dissertation, must lie in the period of July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2023, inclusive, for each nominee selected. Such degree award or completion is to be confirmed by the institution’s graduate dean or other administrative officer responsible for doctoral degree programs.
Looking For More Awards? Click here
- A completed nomination form
- An abstract of the nominee’s dissertation
- Three Recommendation Letter
How to Apply CGS/ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Awards?
The nomination package must be sent as a single pdf document with the file saved as: last name of the nominee and institution (i.e Naranjo_GWU) to Anna M. Naranjo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: This is one-page summary of the award not a official award page. Although we make every effort to maintain the information current and accurate, changes may occur at any time without prior warning. We strongly encourage you to check the official award page for the most up-to-date, accurate, and comprehensive information. You solely bear the risk for any reliance you place on information obtained from NotesBard.com.