|Grade Level||Doctoral or Masters|
|University||Honjo International Scholarship Foundation|
|Application Deadline||April 30, 2023|
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or scholarship to support your degree program? Honjo International Scholarship Foundation, Japan inviting online application for Masters / PhD Scholarships. Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation scholarship program’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
About Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
For the academic year 2023–2024, the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation will be offering fully financed scholarships to international students. This scholarship is open to foreign students who study or plan to study in a Japanese graduate school for a doctoral or master’s degree.
Applications can be submitted from abroad if applicants are accepted to a Japanese graduate school. All nationalities and research fields are welcome. Applicants may directly apply to the foundation without pre-selection by the university.
About Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation was approved by the Minister of Education as an incorporated scholarship foundation on December 25, 1996. Its establishment was financed by the late Mr. Masanori Honjo, founder of ltoen, Ltd., who donated to the Foundation personal assets worth two hundred million in cash and one million stocks of his company as the Foundation’s seed capital, as well as another onehundred million in cash as working capital.
Honjo International Scholarship Coverage
The scholarship will be provided monthly throughout the minimum period required to acquire the degree. The amount of scholarship depends on differs based on the period as below:
- ¥200,000 per month for 1 ~ 2 years degree
- ¥180,000 per month for 3 years degree
- ¥150,000 per month for 4 ~ 5 years of degree
Honjo International Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
1. The student who does not possess Japanese citizenship
2. The student must be enrolled as of April academic year or currently applying for the academic course starting from April academic year at a graduate school in Japan. Those who are already enrolled and those who are not enrolled yet (including people who are currently employed with jobs at the time of applying for the program) are both eligible to apply for this scholarship if you are going to be enrolled in April.
3. In principle, the student enrolling in a professional graduate school is not eligible to apply. However, the student who can submit a research plan is eligible to apply.
4. The enrolment duration until graduation must be longer than 12 months.
5．To be eligible, the student applying for the PhD program must start the PhD course by the age of 35. The student applying for the master’s program must start the master course by the age of 30 (No exception).
6. The student must have a strong will to serve in their home country as a future career plan.
7. The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
8. The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese (No exception).
Looking For More Scholarships? Click here
1. Academic Transcript: (In Japanese or English; please attach a translation in case of other languages.)
- Academic transcript of the undergraduate course (Required). If you transferred into the university from the College of technology, the transcript from that school is also required.
- Academic transcript of the graduate school (If you do not have the transcript, you do not need to submit it.)
2. Research Proposal: In Japanese, describe focusing around following points:
- What you are going to research
- What and how you are going to contribute to your home country based on what you will learn or study in Japan
- What you already achieved regarding research, academic, and social activity
3. A recommendation letter from a supervisor: Please obtain a recommendation letter describing your academic performances, personal characteristics evaluation, future potential, etc. You can also obtain a recommendation letter from your previous supervisor in your country, if the recommender is familiar with your academic background.
4. A certificate of enrollment or a letter of admission: Write down the scheduled date of the examination or the publication of the results on the bottom of the application form if the entrance examination has not yet been held or the successful candidates of the entrance examination have not yet been notified before you apply for this scholarship. Please submit a valid enrollment certificate if you have previously applied to graduate school. (Photocopies may be used.)
How to Apply Honjo International Scholarship?
Submit all the said documents in online application portal, the application number will be issued, PDF of your application form will be created. Please save the PDF file as you will need it when the result is announced on our website.
Disclaimer: This is one-page summary of the scholarship not a official scholarship page. Although we make every effort to maintain the information current and accurate, changes may occur at any time without prior warning. We alway encourage you to check the official scholarship page for the most up-to-date, accurate, and comprehensive information. You solely bear the risk for any reliance you place on information obtained from NotesBard.com.