KU Leuven Scholarship 2023-2024
|Grade Level||Master’s program|
|Eligible Nationalities||All Countries|
|Application Deadline||Please refer University website|
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or scholarship to support your degree program? Faculty of Science KU Leuven, Belgium inviting online application for KU Leuven Scholarship 2023-2024.
Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over this scholarship program’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
About KU Leuven Scholarship 2023-2024
One of the leading colleges in Belgium, KU Leuven, is offering a prestigious opportunity called the KU Leuven Scholarship for the 2023–2024 academic year. With the help of this scholarship programme, KU Leuven hopes to draw bright overseas students by offering them financial aid to continue their further study.
Studies in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, engineering, and biological sciences are among the many disciplines covered by the scholarship. Students of all countries who exhibit remarkable academic achievement and potential are eligible. The candidate’s academic accomplishments, motivation, and letters of reference are all taken into consideration throughout the extremely competitive and merit-based selection process.
The KU Leuven Scholarship provides recipients with a financial reward that substantially reduces their tuition costs, making it more feasible for them to attend the institution. Additionally, chosen scholars get the chance to participate in a stimulating academic and cultural experience at KU Leuven, which is famous for its top-notch professors, state-of-the-art research facilities, and multicultural setting.
Outstanding foreign students can pursue their educational and professional goals at a top European university thanks to the KU Leuven Scholarship for the 2023–2024 academic year, which promotes academic achievement and cross-cultural cooperation.
Program of Study
- Master of Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Master of Biophysics, Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Master of Biology
- Master of Chemistry
- Master of Geography
- Interuniversity Master of Geology (only students applying for the specialisation Geodynamics and Georesources or Surface processes and Paleoenvironments can apply for the scholarship. Students applying for the other specialisations (enrollment at Ghent University) will not be considered for the scholarship.)
- Master of Mathematics
- Master of Physics
- Master of Statiscs and Data Science
- Master of Sustainable Development (ICP)
About Faculty of Science KU Leuven
The Faculty of Science and its alumni association Science@Leuven are proud to announce the Science@Leuven Scholarships!
The Science@Leuven Fund’s main goal is to provide scholarships to outstanding and ambitious international students who want to enrol in an English-taught study programme at the Faculty of Science KU Leuven. The Fund works to evenly distribute the number of scholarship recipients among the different master’s degree programmes.
Applicants must meet and prove the following requirements:
- the applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before,
- the applicants have a bachelor degree from a non-Belgian university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for,
- the applicants have not yet acquired a master degree or a PhD,
- the applicants can prove excellent study results during their former training. The applicants are expected to obtain at least Distinction during their studies at the KU Leuven,
- the applicants can prove a very strong knowledge of English ( TOEFL (minimum score 94 internet-based with at least 19 for reading, 18 for Listening, 19 for speaking and 21 for writing) or IELTS (minimum score 7 overall, whilst at least 6,5 for reading, 6 for listening, 6 for speaking and 6 for writing),
- the applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven,
- the applicants have two reference letters from internationally renowned professors,
- the applicants are willing to act as ambassador for the programme.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS
The students that have been awarded a scholarship will be asked to sign a contract that stipulates the conditions of acceptance.
- Completed online application form: Fill out the application form available on the KU Leuven scholarship website.
- Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume: Provide a detailed overview of your educational background, work experience, and any relevant achievements.
- Motivation letter: Write a compelling letter explaining your reasons for applying for the scholarship and why you are interested in studying at KU Leuven.
- Transcripts: Submit official academic transcripts from your previous educational institutions, demonstrating your academic performance and grades.
- Letters of recommendation: Obtain two or more letters of recommendation from professors, teachers, or professionals who can attest to your academic abilities and potential.
- Language proficiency test scores: Depending on the language of instruction of your chosen program, you may need to provide language test scores such as TOEFL or IELTS.
- Passport copy: Submit a scanned copy of your passport or another valid form of identification.
- Research proposal (for certain programs): If you are applying for a research-based program, you may need to submit a research proposal outlining your intended area of study and research goals.
- Portfolio or writing samples (for certain programs): Some programs, particularly in the arts or creative fields, may require you to submit a portfolio of your work or writing samples.
How to Apply for KU Leuven Scholarship 2023-2024?
- Apply for the master programme of your choice through the application tool of the KU Leuven. Please read the application instructions carefully.
- upload the following information via the KU Leuven application tool:
- a complete list of course titles for which you have obtained a credit (Transcript of Records). Indicate the course size (in ECTS-credits) and the result you obtained, preferably according to the ECTS-scale; if a different scale is used, please provide a summary explanation on the meaning of the scores;
- provide a short (about one half to one page) description for the courses from your previous/current programme that you deem most relevant as a preparation for the master programme that you are considering. Describe the courses according to the standard guidelines for an ECTS-study guide (example).
- two reference letters of internationally renowned professors;
- a letter of motivation for the programme.
- When you have completed and submitted your application for the master’s programme, you will get a message on the screen that you succesfully submitted the application.
- IMPORTANT! Take a screen shot of this message. You will have to upload the screenshot when you register for the Science@Leuven Scholarship. In case you were unable to take a screen shot of this message, you can also upload another screen shot proving that your application was submitted.
- Apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarship via this link.
- your registration is complete after you have received an email stating that you have been registered for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
- Only students who have complied with all the above requirements will be considered for the Scholarship!
- You can apply for the scholarship immediately after you have applied for a certain programme, you do not need to wait until you are accepted by the master’s programme. However your application for the scholarship will not be considered when it is clear that you will not be accepted for the master’s programme.
FAQ About Scholarship
Disclaimer: This is not the official scholarship website; it is only a one-page description of the scholarship. Despite our best efforts to keep the material up to date and correct, changes might happen at any time without prior notice. The most current, accurate, and complete information may be found on the official scholarship website, which we strongly advise you to verify. Any reliance you put on knowledge received from NotesBard.com is totally at your own risk.