University of Lausanne Scholarship 2023
|Eligible Nationalities||All Countries|
|Sponsors||University of Lausanne|
CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July.
|Application Deadline||Please refer University website|
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or scholarship to support your degree program? University of Lausanne, Switzerland inviting online application for University of Lausanne Scholarship 2023.
Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over this scholarship program’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
About University of Lausanne Scholarship 2023
Talented students have an extraordinary chance to pursue their academic goals at one of Switzerland’s top universities thanks to the University of Lausanne Scholarship for 2023. The fellowship strives to draw exceptional people from all around the world, giving them access to funding and a platform to succeed in their chosen disciplines.
Students in all academic levels, including undergraduate and graduate students, are eligible for the University of Lausanne Scholarship 2023. Academic excellence, research potential, and the candidate’s drive and dedication to have a positive effect in their professions are all taken into consideration throughout the very competitive selection process.
The University of Lausanne will provide successful applicants with financial aid to cover their tuition costs and living expenses during their academic careers. They will also have access to top-notch professors, state-of-the-art research facilities, and a thriving international community, all of which will promote a rich and varied learning environment.
In addition to helping worthy students succeed academically, this coveted fellowship promotes innovation, cross-cultural dialogue, and international cooperation. The University of Lausanne Scholarship 2023 is a doorway to a life-changing educational experience that equips students to advance society and become leaders in their areas.
Program of Study
- Faculty of Biology and Medicine
- Faculty of Law, Criminal Justice and Public Administration
- Faculty of Geosciences and Environment
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
- Faculty of Theology and Sciences of Religions
- Interfaculty Programmes
About University of Lausanne
In Lausanne, Switzerland, there is a renowned public research institution called the institution of Lausanne (UNIL). It was founded in 1537 and is famous for its academic prowess, contributions to science, and dedication to maintaining a dynamic learning environment. Numerous undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate programmes are available at UNIL in a variety of subject areas, including the humanities, social sciences, law, and business. UNIL offers a vibrant and stimulating educational experience with cutting-edge facilities, top-notch staff, and a varied international student body. The university is a well-known institution of higher learning in Switzerland and abroad because of its commitment to innovation, interdisciplinary collaboration, and societal impact.
The scholarship is provided for the minimum required time frame of the student’s selected curriculum. With the exception of instances of categorical failure beyond the first year, it amounts to CHF 1,600 each month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months per year) for the whole term of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the selected masters).
Candidates are informed that the amount of the scholarship grant does not cover the cost of living in Switzerland.
Regarding this, we encourage applicants to refer to the page below, which provides information on the typical student budget at UNIL.
With the exception of the CHF 80.00 in fees that must be paid each semester, students who are awarded scholarships are free from the set registration costs for the courses.
Candidates for the University of Lausanne Scholarship must meet all of the criteria listed below:
Languages needed: French or English
All nations in the world are eligible.
to have achieved academic distinction throughout your studies, particularly by exceptionally strong performance.
prior to the start of the master’s course at UNIL, having earned a foreign university degree deemed to be equal to a bachelor’s degree at UNIL.
not to have already registered with UNIL.
should possess a B2 or higher level of French or English, depending on the language in which your selected master’s programme is taught, on the European Language Portfolio worldwide scale.
Have paid the administrative cost of CHF 200.00.
- Completed scholarship application form
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- Academic transcripts from previous educational institutions
- Proof of language proficiency (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS) if applicable
- Statement of purpose or motivation letter explaining your academic and career goals
- Letters of recommendation from professors or academic referees
- Research proposal (for research-based scholarships)
- Copy of passport or identification document
- Financial statements or proof of financial need (if required)
- Any additional documents specific to the scholarship program or discipline
How to Apply for University of Lausanne Scholarship 2023?
- Research: Explore the scholarship opportunities available at the University of Lausanne and identify the program that aligns with your academic goals and eligibility criteria.
- Review Requirements: Carefully review the scholarship requirements and application guidelines provided by the University of Lausanne. Take note of any specific documents or criteria mentioned.
- Prepare Documents: Gather all the required documents, such as transcripts, CV, recommendation letters, and a statement of purpose. Make sure to have these documents ready in advance.
- Online Application: Complete the online application form provided by the University of Lausanne. Fill in the required information accurately and upload the necessary documents as per the instructions.
- Submit Application: Once you have filled out the application form and uploaded the required documents, submit your application online before the specified deadline. Ensure that you have followed all the instructions and met all the requirements.
- Application Fee: If there is an application fee mentioned, make sure to pay it as per the instructions provided. Some scholarships may have an application fee, while others may not.
- Follow-Up: After submitting your application, you may receive an acknowledgment or confirmation email. Keep track of any communication from the scholarship office and promptly respond to any requests for additional information or documentation.
- Selection Process: The University of Lausanne will review the applications and select candidates based on the eligibility criteria, academic merit, and other relevant factors. The selection process may involve interviews or further assessments, depending on the scholarship program.
- Notification: Once the selection process is complete, the university will notify the selected candidates regarding the scholarship results. If you are selected, you will receive further instructions on accepting the scholarship offer.
FAQ About Scholarship
Who can apply?
Candidates with very strong academic records (there is no list of needed grades per nation available).
Only international university graduates who have earned a degree judged equal to a Swiss university bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS credits) are eligible to apply. The Admissions Office (SII) will determine whether or not the candidate is formally eligible if the Masters Scholarship application file is complete. If so, the faculty will review the application and decide whether or not to accept the individual for admission to the desired master’s course.
It is not permitted for students with a foreign university degree to apply if they have already started a Masters programme at UNIL or are in their first year of study.
Is there an age limit?
The Master Scholarship is open to candidates of any age. However, for applicants from nations with visa limitations, being older and having earned a first master’s degree may make it more difficult or impossible to receive a visa. Before applying, we advise you to confirm with the Swiss diplomatic mission there.
How do I apply for the Masters Scholarship and for admission to the master’s programme at UNIL?
As previously stated, candidates must not submit their application for admission to the desired master’s degree at UNIL through the Admissions Office (SII). Application for admission to the Masters programme is included in the application for the Masters Scholarship.
As stated above under the “Selection timeline” tab, candidates whose application for a scholarship has been rejected (but was accepted by the faculty) may only apply via the SII if they wish to continue their application for admission to their chosen master’s degree as a regular student after the selection process for the Masters Scholarships. They will get a letter outlining the steps to take for master’s degree regular registration.
Who can write a recommendation letter?
Any member of the teaching staff (lecturers, supervisors, assistant lecturers, etc.) who has knowledge of your past or present academic endeavours. Any of your employers, both present and past, are permitted to submit a letter of recommendation.
Authors of the letters of reference must email them directly to email@example.com with the applicant’s complete name included in the subject line. November 1st is the due date.
Recommendation letters must be supplied after submitting an online application.
Of course, more than two letters of recommendation are acceptable.
Is the Master’s Grant sufficient to live in Switzerland?
The Federal and Cantonal Authorities estimate that a monthly income of about CHF 2000 is required to live in Lausanne. As a result, the Masters Scholarship’s award doesn’t fully cover a student’s costs. Thus, having some personal supplemental cash resources to augment the monthly budget is strongly advised. Furthermore, the 10-month academic year is the only time the Masters Scholarship is paid out. The time frame from 15 July to 15 September is not included.
Disclaimer: This is not the official scholarship website; it is only a one-page description of the scholarship. Despite our best efforts to keep the material up to date and correct, changes might happen at any time without prior notice. The most current, accurate, and complete information may be found on the official scholarship website, which we strongly advise you to verify. Any reliance you put on knowledge received from NotesBard.com is totally at your own risk.