EPFL Excellence Fellowships 2024 Switzerland
|Grade Level||Postgraduates / Phd.,|
|Eligible Nationalities||All Countries|
|Sponsors||École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL).|
|Award||CHF 10,000 per semester,|
|Application Deadline||Please refer official website.|
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or scholarship to support your degree program? École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland inviting online application for EPFL Excellence Fellowships 2023 Switzerland.
Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over this scholarship program’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
About EPFL Excellence Fellowships 2024 Switzerland
The École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is pleased to announce the EPFL Excellence Fellowships for 2024 in Switzerland. These fellowships are designed to attract and assist extraordinary overseas students with high academic and research potential.
The grants are offered to Master’s and PhD students and span a variety of academic fields. They offer participants financial assistance in the form of tuition exemptions and monthly stipends. Additionally, selected applicants could have the chance to collaborate with top-notch academics and business partners on cutting-edge research initiatives.
In addition to providing financial support, the EPFL Excellence Fellowships establish a lively and intellectually engaging atmosphere by giving participants access to cutting-edge facilities and resources. These fellowships give participants the opportunity to continue their education at one of Europe’s top universities of technology, engineering, and science.
The academic record, capacity for independent study, and level of enthusiasm of applicants are taken into consideration. Only a few number of fellowships are given out each year due to the intense competition in the selection process. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to become a part of EPFL’s vibrant and varied community of researchers, supporting the organization’s objective to advance knowledge and push the frontiers of scientific discovery.
Program of Study
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Communication Systems
- Computer Sciences
- Cyber Security
- Data Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Computational Science and Engineering r
- Molecular and Biological Chemistry
- Nuclear Engineering
- Life Sciences Engineering
- Financial Engineering
- Sustainable Management and Technology
- Management, Technology and Entrepreneurship
- Digital Humanities
- Quantum Science and Engineering
About École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is a renowned research university located in Lausanne, Switzerland. It is one of the leading institutions in Europe for science, engineering, and technology. EPFL offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs across various disciplines, including engineering, computer science, life sciences, architecture, and more. The university emphasizes a multidisciplinary approach to education and research, fostering collaboration and innovation. With state-of-the-art facilities, cutting-edge laboratories, and a vibrant campus community, EPFL provides a stimulating environment for students and researchers to excel and contribute to advancements in science, technology, and society.
- Monthly stipend: The EPFL Excellence Fellowships provide recipients with a monthly financial stipend to support their living expenses during their studies.
- Tuition fee waivers: Selected candidates are granted waivers for their tuition fees, allowing them to pursue their Master’s or Ph.D. studies without the burden of paying tuition.
- Research opportunities: Fellowship recipients may have the chance to work on cutting-edge research projects alongside renowned faculty members and industry partners at EPFL.
- State-of-the-art facilities: Fellows gain access to state-of-the-art laboratories, equipment, and resources, enabling them to conduct high-quality research and experiments.
- Intellectual and interdisciplinary environment: EPFL fosters a vibrant and intellectually stimulating community, providing opportunities for collaboration and interdisciplinary exchanges with scholars from diverse fields.
- Prestigious academic institution: EPFL is one of Europe’s leading institutions for science, engineering, and technology, offering a highly regarded and internationally recognized education and research experience.
- Networking and professional development: Fellowship recipients can connect with peers, faculty, and industry professionals, expanding their professional network and enhancing their career prospects.
- International students: The EPFL Excellence Fellowships are available for outstanding international students from all countries.
- Academic excellence: Applicants must have a strong academic track record and demonstrate exceptional achievements in their previous studies, typically with a high GPA or equivalent.
- Program eligibility: The fellowships are open to both Master’s and Ph.D. students applying to eligible programs at EPFL.
- Research potential: Candidates should showcase significant research potential, including a clear interest and aptitude for pursuing innovative research in their chosen field.
- Motivation and commitment: Applicants must demonstrate a strong motivation to pursue their studies at EPFL and a genuine interest in contributing to the academic and research community.
- English proficiency: Since English is the primary language of instruction at EPFL, applicants are expected to provide evidence of their English language proficiency through standardized tests like TOEFL or IELTS.
- Admission requirements: Candidates must meet the specific admission requirements of their chosen Master’s or Ph.D. program at EPFL.
- Application process: Applicants need to complete and submit the required fellowship application materials by the specified deadline, following the instructions provided by EPFL.
- Competitive selection: The selection process for the fellowships is highly competitive, and only a limited number of scholarships are awarded each year.
- Application form: Applicants are required to complete the official application form for the EPFL Excellence Fellowships.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): A comprehensive CV that highlights the applicant’s educational background, research experience, academic achievements, publications (if any), and any other relevant information.
- Statement of Purpose: A written statement outlining the applicant’s motivation, research interests, and career goals. This should clearly articulate why they wish to pursue their studies at EPFL and how the fellowship will contribute to their academic and professional development.
- Letters of Recommendation: Typically, applicants need to provide two or three letters of recommendation from professors or professionals who can assess the applicant’s academic abilities, research potential, and suitability for the fellowship.
- Academic Transcripts: Official transcripts or academic records from all previous educational institutions attended by the applicant. These documents should provide a comprehensive overview of the applicant’s academic performance.
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores: Applicants whose native language is not English may be required to provide official scores from standardized English language proficiency tests such as TOEFL or IELTS.
- Research Proposal (Ph.D. applicants): Ph.D. applicants may be asked to submit a detailed research proposal outlining the objectives, methodology, and significance of their proposed research project.
- Portfolio (for certain programs): Applicants to design or architecture-related programs may be asked to provide a portfolio showcasing their previous design work and creative abilities.
- Any additional documents: Depending on the specific requirements of the chosen program, additional documents such as writing samples, certificates, or other supporting materials may be requested. It is essential to review the application guidelines for any program-specific requirements.
How to Apply for EPFL Excellence Fellowships 2024 Switzerland?
- Research eligibility: Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for the EPFL Excellence Fellowships, including being an international student and meeting the academic requirements.
- Choose a program: Identify the Master’s or Ph.D. program at EPFL that aligns with your research interests and career goals.
- Prepare required documents: Gather all the necessary documents, including the application form, CV, statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, academic transcripts, English language proficiency test scores, research proposal (for Ph.D. applicants), and any additional program-specific documents.
- Online application: Complete the online application form for the EPFL Excellence Fellowships, providing accurate and up-to-date information.
- Submit supporting documents: Upload all the required documents in the specified formats and sizes as mentioned in the application guidelines.
- Review and finalize: Double-check your application to ensure that all information and documents are complete and accurate.
- Submit application: Submit your completed application before the specified deadline. Late or incomplete applications may not be considered.
- Await notification: After the application deadline, the selection committee will review the applications. Wait for the official notification regarding the status of your application.
- Follow instructions: If your application is successful, follow the instructions provided in the acceptance letter regarding accepting the fellowship offer and any further steps.
- Prepare for enrollment: If accepted, complete the necessary enrollment procedures and prepare for your studies at EPFL.
FAQ About Fellowship
May I apply to more than one program?
No. You must select just one programme and submit your application to it.
When can I expect an answer regarding my application?
For applications submitted by December 15th, decisions are issued in early April, and for those submitted by April 15th, decisions are sent around the end of June.
If my application is rejected in December, can I apply again in April? for an alternative course of study?
No. Only one programme is open for applications each year. As a result, you must carefully choose the programme you want to apply for.
Is there a difference between the two application deadlines?
No. All Master’s programmes begin in the middle of September, therefore it makes little difference whether you apply in December or April.
However, we suggest overseas applicants who require a visa to submit their applications in December so they may receive a response early and have more time for the visa application process.
Can I transfer my credits from one Master’s programme to EPFL?
No, the full course of study must be finished at EPFL.
What does EPFL have to offer students interested in management at the master’s level?
A 30-credit minor in management, technology, and entrepreneurship (MTE) is an option available to all students.
Additionally, EPFL provides 120-credit master’s programmes in MTE and Sustainable Management and Technology.
When does the academic year start?
Two semesters make up the school year. From mid-September to Christmas and then from mid-February until the end of May, each semester lasts 14 weeks.
the academic year
When and where can I get my student card?
Upon arriving, you should pick up your student card from the Registrar’s Office (SAC).
Am I allowed to work part-time in Switzerland while studying?
If you are an EU national, you may begin working the day after your arrival.
The first six months of your stay in Switzerland cannot be spent working if you are a non-EU citizen. After that, you are permitted to work 15 hours per week during the semester and 40 hours per week during the vacations.
Information in depth about employment and work permits.
Do I need a visa to study at EPFL?
You must complete the necessary immigration paperwork before travelling to Switzerland. You might need to apply for a visa to study in Switzerland depending on your place of origin (this is not necessary for nationals of Europe).
It might take three months to get a visa. Therefore, be careful to begin the visa application process early enough so that you may arrive in Lausanne with your visa.
Please be aware that after you are in Switzerland, a tourist visa may only be converted into a student permit for a period of three months.
On the official list maintained by the State Secretariat for Migration (SEM), look up the visa requirements for your nation.
If a visa is necessary,
Please get in touch with the Swiss embassy in your country to get a visa application form and to find out which papers must be submitted with it.
If a visa is not necessary
Even though you do not require a visa, a current residence permit is still required to study in Switzerland. Within eight days of your arrival in Switzerland, you must register with the local immigration office of your intended residence (the “Commune”).
about this website, you may find comprehensive information about visas and residency permits.
Disclaimer: This is not the official scholarship website; it is only a one-page description of the scholarship. Despite our best efforts to keep the material up to date and correct, changes might happen at any time without prior notice. The most current, accurate, and complete information may be found on the official scholarship website, which we strongly advise you to verify. Any reliance you put on knowledge received from NotesBard.com is totally at your own risk.