Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) 2024
|Grade Level||Doctoral studies|
|Eligible Nationalities||All Countries|
|Sponsors||Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)|
$50,000 per year for a maximum of three years,
|Application Deadline||May 1, 2024, September 1, 2024 or January 1, 2024.|
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or scholarship to support your degree program? Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), Canada inviting online application for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) 2024.
Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over this scholarship program’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
About Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) 2024
In accordance with the rules and guidelines outlined in the Tri-Agency Research Training Award Holder’s Guide, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), which oversees the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) programme, is in charge of paying awards.
**The agencies reserve the right to interpret these rules and any requirements that may be attached to specific grants. If any of these rules are broken or the prize recipient loses their eligibility, the agencies have the right to rescind the award. The agency must be paid back for any payments made for a time frame in which the award winner is no longer qualified to receive money. If the payment is not made by the due date, interest may be assessed.
The fellowship enables candidates to complete their PhD studies at reputable Canadian institutions by offering financial support of $50,000 per year for a maximum of three years. It is accessible to both local and foreign students who have excelled academically, have the capacity to do original research, and are dedicated to making substantial contributions to their areas.
The evaluation of applicants is based on their academic record, research proposal, leadership abilities, and individual accomplishments. A interdisciplinary team of specialists conducts a thorough review of candidates as part of the selection process, taking into account their potential for outstanding research and societal impact.
Along with financial support, the Vanier CGS provides scholars with a distinctive forum through which they may interact with a lively research community, take advantage of mentoring opportunities, and take part in leadership development initiatives. It is a prestigious fellowship that assists outstanding PhD students in Canada as they pursue knowledge and academic success.
Program of Study
- Natural sciences and engineering
- Health sciences
- Social sciences and humanities
- Arts and literature
- Business and management
- Environmental studies
- Information technology and computer science
- Education and pedagogy
- Public policy and administration
- Biomedical sciences
- Agriculture and food science
- Psychology and social work
About Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
Federal funding and support for Canadian health research is provided by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). The mission of CIHR, which was founded in 2000, is to enhance Canadians’ health and advance the field of global health. It supports studies in many fields, including population health, clinical research, health systems, and biological sciences. Grants, fellowships, and collaborations are some of the ways that CIHR supports researchers, students, and knowledge users. It encourages multidisciplinary cooperation, knowledge application, and fact-based judgement. For the benefit of Canadians and others, the Canadian Institutes for Health Research (CIHR) plays a critical role in promoting health research, encouraging innovation, and solving urgent health concerns.
- Financial support: Recipients of the Vanier CGS receive $50,000 per year for up to three years of their doctoral studies.
- Stipend: The scholarship provides a generous stipend to support living expenses during the course of the program.
- Research support: The scholarship allows students to allocate funds towards their research activities, including laboratory supplies, data collection, and fieldwork.
- Tuition fees: The Vanier CGS provides partial coverage of tuition fees for the duration of the doctoral program.
- Health insurance: International students awarded the scholarship are eligible for health insurance coverage through the Government of Canada’s public health insurance plan.
- Citizenship: Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and international students are eligible to apply.
- Program of study: Applicants must be pursuing a doctoral degree (Ph.D., Ph.D./joint program, or health-related professional degree) at an eligible Canadian institution.
- Academic excellence: Candidates must have a high academic standing, as demonstrated by a strong academic record, scholarships, awards, and publications.
- Research potential: Applicants must demonstrate research potential and the ability to contribute to their respective fields through their research proposal and previous research experience.
- Nomination: Candidates must be nominated by the Canadian institution where they plan to pursue their doctoral studies.
- Age limit: There are no specific age restrictions for the Vanier CGS.
- Previous recipients: Individuals who have previously received a doctoral-level scholarship from the Canadian government are ineligible.
- Research proposal: A detailed description of the research project you plan to undertake during your doctoral studies.
- Curriculum vitae (CV): A comprehensive summary of your academic background, research experience, publications, awards, and other relevant achievements.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts or academic records from all post-secondary institutions you have attended.
- Letters of reference: Letters of recommendation from individuals who can assess your academic and research abilities, usually three references are required.
- Leadership and Personal Statement: A statement outlining your leadership experience, community involvement, and personal qualities that make you a strong candidate for the scholarship.
- Consent form: A form indicating your consent to participate in the selection process and to share your application information with the relevant parties.
- Proof of citizenship or residency: Documentation confirming your Canadian citizenship, permanent residency status, or citizenship in another country.
How to Apply for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) 2024?
- Review eligibility: Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for the Vanier CGS, including citizenship, program of study, and academic requirements.
- Identify a nominating institution: Find a Canadian institution that will nominate you for the scholarship. Contact potential supervisors and departments to discuss your research interests and secure their support.
- Prepare required documents: Gather the necessary documents, including a research proposal, CV, transcripts, letters of reference, leadership and personal statement, and proof of citizenship or residency.
- Submit the application: Follow the application instructions provided by the nominating institution. Submit your application through their designated online portal or submission system.
- Deadlines: Be mindful of the application deadline set by the nominating institution. Ensure that you submit your application before the specified date.
- Review and selection process: The institution’s selection committee will review and assess applications based on the scholarship’s criteria. Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview or additional evaluation.
- Notification: Successful applicants will receive notification of their selection as Vanier CGS recipients. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified.
FAQ About Scholarship
Q: What is the deadline for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) 2024?
A: The Vanier CGS 2024 submission date varies based on the institution making the nomination. It is crucial to confirm the deadline with your preferred university.
Q: Can international students apply for the Vanier CGS?
A: You can submit an application for the Vanier CGS if you are an international student. International students as well as Canadian citizens and permanent residents are eligible for the scholarship.
Q: Are Vanier CGS recipients allowed to study at any Canadian university?
A: Vanier CGS holders are welcome to pursue their PhD degrees at any Canadian university that qualifies. Selecting a participating institution and obtaining a supervisor’s endorsement for your application are crucial.
Q: How many Vanier CGS scholarships are awarded each year?
A: Every year, a different amount of Vanier CGS scholarships are given out. Usually, there are only a few scholarships available, and the competition is fierce.
Q: Can I apply for the Vanier CGS if I have previously received a doctoral-level scholarship?
A: No, candidates for the Vanier CGS are ineligible if they have already been awarded a doctoral-level fellowship by the Canadian government.
Q: Can I apply for the Vanier CGS before being accepted into a doctoral program?
A: You can submit an application for the Vanier CGS even if you haven’t been admitted to a doctorate programme. To complete your application, you will need to get a nomination from a Canadian institution.
Q: Can I hold other scholarships or awards while receiving the Vanier CGS?
A: As long as the combined value does not go above the Vanier CGS funding cap, beneficiaries of the Vanier CGS are permitted to hold additional scholarships or prizes in addition to the Vanier CGS.
Q: Can I defer the Vanier CGS if I am unable to start my doctoral studies immediately?
A: Institutional deferral procedures for the Vanier CGS may differ. It is wise to get in touch with the school that nominated you to learn more about their deferral policies.
Q: What is the duration of the Vanier CGS funding?
A: The Vanier CGS offers financial assistance for up to three years of doctorate study. The scholarship is renewable each year if adequate progress is made.
Disclaimer: This is not the official scholarship website; it is only a one-page description of the scholarship. Despite our best efforts to keep the material up to date and correct, changes might happen at any time without prior notice. The most current, accurate, and complete information may be found on the official scholarship website, which we strongly advise you to verify. Any reliance you put on knowledge received from NotesBard.com is totally at your own risk.