|Grade Level||Masters, PhD|
|Eligible Nationalities||All countries|
|Sponsors||Deakin University, Australia|
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or scholarship to support your degree program? Deakin University, Australia inviting online application for Deakin University Scholarships for Masters & PhD Applicants.
Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over this scholarship program’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
About Deakin University Scholarships
Deakin University offers a range of scholarships to support international and domestic students in their academic pursuits. Deakin University Scholarships 2023-2024 are fully funded international student scholarships.
These scholarships are available for postgraduate studies and will pay a stipend of $28,900 per year, as well as a relocation allowance ranging from $500 to $1,500 and health insurance.
Program of Study
- Arts and Education
- Business and Law
- Health Science
- Engineering and Built Environment
- Frontier Materials
- Intelligent Systems Research and Innovation
About Deakin University
Deakin University is a public university in the Australian state of Victoria. It was founded in 1974 and is named after Alfred Deakin, Australia’s second Prime Minister. Deakin University has multiple campuses throughout Victoria and offers courses in a variety of disciplines at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and research levels.
Deakin University is known for its innovative educational approach and commitment to providing students with practical experience and real-world skills. The university places a strong emphasis on research, and the Academic Ranking of World Universities places it in the top 1% of universities worldwide.
Deakin University Scholarships Coverage
- A stipend of $30,000 per annum for 2023 tax exempt
- A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 (for single to family) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin
- For international students only: Single Overseas Student Health Cover policy for the duration of the student visa.
Deakin University Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance or DUPRS a student must be a domestic or international student enrolled in an HDR course of study at Deakin University.
- To be eligible for an RTP Fees Offset an applicant must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees.
- To be eligible for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 per cent of that student’s RTP or DUPRS Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
1. Doctoral Degree Minimum entry requirements
- Completion of research project in a related area including a thesis which is equivalent to at least 25% of a year’s full-time study at Level 8 or 9 of the Australian Qualifications Framework with achievement of a grade for the project equivalent to a Deakin grade of 70% or equivalent. OR
- Masters Degree (Research) in a related area.
2. Masters Degree (Research) Minimum entry requirements
- Completion of research project including a thesis which is equivalent to at least 25% of a year’s full-time study at Level 8 or 9 of the Australian Qualifications Framework with achievement of a grade for the project equivalent to a Deakin grade of 65% or equivalent.
Looking For More Scholarships? Click here
- Scholarship Application Form
- Academic Transcript
- Motivation Letter
- Evidence of academic achievement
- Applicants must provide a research proposal outlining the research they intend to undertake during their research degree.
- Two Recommendation Letter
- English Language Proficiency Test
- Work experience (if any)
- Other documents (honors, awards, publications…) if any
How to Apply Deakin University Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Deakin University Scholarships:
- Before you start your application, please contact a supervisor for advice on your research topic and proposal. A list of potential research areas and supervisors can be found via our find a supervisor page or Faculty/Institute specific pages.
- Create an account and to apply from here.
- Fill-out the required informations Attach & submit the supporting documents in the Scholarship Application Form.
- Check your email for the successful application.
FAQ About Scholarship
What is the procedure for applying for HDR scholarships at Deakin University?
Applicants must first apply for admission to Deakin University’s research degree program. They will then be able to apply for HDR scholarships via the Deakin University online application portal.
Can international students apply for Deakin University HDR scholarships?
Yes, both domestic and international students are eligible for Deakin University HDR scholarships.
How much are Deakin University HDR scholarships worth?
Deakin University HDR scholarships vary in value depending on the scholarship. Some scholarships cover full tuition and a living allowance, while others only cover a portion of the tuition or provide a travel grant.
Disclaimer: This is one-page summary of the scholarship not a official scholarship page. Although we make every effort to maintain the information current and accurate, changes may occur at any time without prior warning. We strongly encourage you to check the official scholarship page for the most up-to-date, accurate, and comprehensive information. You solely bear the risk for any reliance you place on information obtained from NotesBard.com.