Are you holding Master’s degree and looking for PhD positions – Fully Funded PhD Programs in UK? University of Strathclyde, Scotland inviting application for funded PhD Programs or fully funded PhD Scholarship. University of Strathclyde is one of the largest university in the world with thousands of employees, students, and research scientists are involved in the innovation of science and technology daily.
University of Strathclyde has huge a campus in Scotland and widely known as for its contribution in top notch education and research. The contribution of University of Strathclyde is not only limited to natural sciences and engineering but it also offers high quality research as well as higher education in bio-medical sciences, social sciences, humanities, psychology, education, architecture etc.
5+ Fully funded 4-year PhDs in Ultrasonic Engineering at the University of Glasgow and the University of Strathclyde
We have 5+ fully-funded studentships available for UK “Home” students at the University of Strathclyde and the University of Glasgow. International candidates with external funding (e.g. self-funded or other scholarships) are welcome to apply.
About Doctoral Project:
FUSE CDT accepts open entry and pre-aligned applications to our programme. Open entry applicants apply to the general programme, and start their first year training in September 2022. They choose their research project and supervisors in Semester 2 2023 of the programme.
Pre-aligned applicants apply for a doctoral project advertised up-front under Projects Available, citing the specific supervisor and project title in their application. See our FAQs below for more information. They start their first year training in September 2022 with a partner confirmed.
Last Application Date: We are continuing to accept applications at this time
Applicants need to upload the following documentation:
• a cover letter (include evidence of your interest in ultrasonics and your future aspirations)
• a CV (please ensure to include details of activities – work, study, etc. – over the last three years)
• evidence of grades (official transcript preferred) • certificates of completed qualifications
• two references (at least one reference should be submitted before interview)
• for non-UK citizens, evidence of your residency status in the UK (if any: e.g., visa or permit)
All shortlisted candidates will be invited to take part in an online interview (e.g. Zoom or Skype) with a panel of three interviewers. The panel will be comprised of one FUSE academic from the University of Strathclyde, a FUSE academic from the University of Glasgow, and usually the FUSE CDT coordinator.
The interview will last around 30 minutes, and all candidates will be asked the same EDI-vetted list of interview questions. If any candidate needs reasonable adjustments, please contact us at email@example.com in advance.
FUSE will host opportunities for prospective candidates and offer-holders to talk with fellow incoming cohort members, current FUSE students and staff. These will be arranged as virtual or hybrid Open Days to introduce our programme, research projects, facilities and campuses.
Funding and Eligibility
Fully-funded studentships are available at the UK Home rate:
• UK Home studentship – To be eligible for a fully-funded UK Home studentship, you must meet the following criteria:
• be a UK citizen (meeting residency requirements), or
• have EU settled status, or
• have EU pre-settled status (meeting residency requirements), or
• have ‘indefinite leave to remain/enter’ If you have any questions about funding eligibility and residency criteria, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants must have or expect to obtain a first-class degree (2.1 or equivalent) in an appropriate engineering or science discipline.
International candidates whose first language is not English must demonstrate their proficiency in the English language with IELTS certification or equivalent.
ATAS clearance is also required following acceptance of an offer for certain nationalities.
Information on visa requirements can be found here.
Funding for Talent Scholarships may be available to successful candidates, please contact for more details.