|Eligible Nationalities||14 countries*|
|Sponsors||British Council, England|
|Application Deadline||Varies, according to university admission deadlines|
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or scholarship to support your degree program? British Council, England inviting online application for GREAT Scholarships for Masters students.
Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over this scholarship program’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
About British Council GREAT Scholarships
Great Scholarships UK is a scheme launched by the British Council in collaboration with UK universities that provides scholarships to international students from various countries to pursue higher education in the UK. The scheme aims to support diversity and excellence in UK higher education, as well as to promote the UK as a higher education destination for international students.
Great Scholarships 2023-2024 are fully funded international student scholarships. These scholarships are available to master’s students. The scholarship provides up to £10,000 in tuition assistance for a one-year postgraduate course.
GREAT Scholarships Eligible Country List
GREAT Scholarships are available to students from the following countries.
Program of Study
one-year taught postgraduate courses.
- Engineering and Technology
- Business and Management
- Arts and Humanities
- Health and Medicine
Please check complete list here
About British Council
The British Council is a non-profit organization based in the United Kingdom that works to promote global cultural relations and educational opportunities. The British Council, founded in 1934, operates in over 100 countries, employing over 12,000 people and engaging with millions of people each year.
The British Council also works within the United Kingdom to promote cultural diversity and opportunities for young people, such as the GREAT campaign, which promotes UK education to international students.
British Council GREAT Scholarships Coverage
GREAT Scholarships offer students to have £10,000 towards their tuition fees for a wide range of one-year taught postgraduate courses.
British Council GREAT Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
- Be a citizen of above 14 countries.
- Have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- Meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- Establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- Be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- Be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- As an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about his or her own experience of studying in the UK.
Looking For More Scholarships? Click here
- A completed scholarship application form.
- A copy of the offer letter from the participating UK university.
- Academic transcripts and certificates from previous studies.
- Evidence of English language proficiency, such as IELTS or TOEFL scores.
- A personal statement or essay explaining why the applicant is interested in the chosen course of study and how it will help them achieve their academic and career goals.
- Two references from academic or professional contacts, attesting to the applicant’s suitability for the course.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport.
- Work experience (if any)
- Other documents (honors, awards, publications…) if any
How to Apply British Council GREAT Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for British Council GREAT Scholarships:
- Visit the university page above to find out more information and then follow the link to the university’s website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution.
- For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.
FAQ About Scholarship
What is the GREAT Scholarships UK scheme?
The GREAT Scholarships UK scheme is a scholarship program initiated by the British Council and UK universities to support international students from selected countries to pursue their higher education in the UK.
Who can apply for the GREAT Scholarships UK program?
The scholarship eligibility criteria differ depending on the participating universities and the applicant’s country of origin. Applicants must generally be citizens of eligible countries, meet the academic requirements of the chosen course, and have a place to study at one of the participating UK universities.
How do I apply for the GREAT Scholarships UK initiative?
Applicants can apply for the scholarship by going to the British Council website and filling out the application form. Applicants must read the eligibility criteria and application requirements for the specific scheme and participating universities carefully.
When is the deadline for applications?
The application deadline varies depending on the scheme and the participating universities. Applicants should check the British Council website for the most up-to-date application deadline information.
How are scholarship recipients chosen?
Academic merit, personal statement, references, and other eligibility criteria specified by participating universities and the scholarship scheme are used to select scholarship recipients.
Disclaimer: This is one-page summary of the scholarship not a official scholarship page. Although we make every effort to maintain the information current and accurate, changes may occur at any time without prior warning. We strongly encourage you to check the official scholarship page for the most up-to-date, accurate, and comprehensive information. You solely bear the risk for any reliance you place on information obtained from NotesBard.com.