University of Amsterdam Merit Scholarship 2024
|Eligible Nationalities||All Countries|
University of Amsterdam
|Award||Depending on the faculty, University of Amsterdam scholarship can vary between €2,000 – €25,000.|
|Application Deadline||Please refer university website|
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or scholarship to support your degree program? University of Amsterdam, Netherlands inviting online application for University of Amsterdam Merit Scholarship 2024.
Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over this scholarship program’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
About University of Amsterdam Merit Scholarship 2024
Outstanding overseas students who intend to continue their education at the institution may apply for the Merit Scholarship, which is offered by the institution of Amsterdam. The scholarship is given out each year, and applicants must compete fiercely. The scholarship seeks to draw young students with outstanding academic records and offer them financial assistance so they may continue their study at one of the top institutions in Europe.
A portion of the tuition fees are waived for chosen students through the Merit Scholarship 2024. Depending on the amount of cash available and the calibre of the applications, the precise amount of the scholarship and the number of beneficiaries may change every year. Any applicant for a bachelor’s or master’s degree programme at the University of Amsterdam is eligible for the scholarship.
Candidates must fulfil the university’s entrance standards and exhibit exceptional academic achievement in order to be considered for the Merit Scholarship. The capacity to contribute to the university community, motivation, and extracurricular activities are also taken into consideration while evaluating applications.
International students have a remarkable chance to obtain financial support and further their academic goals in a lively and intellectually challenging atmosphere with the University of Amsterdam Merit Scholarship. It helps exceptional people to succeed in their chosen fields of study by recognising and supporting them.
Program of Study
- Child Development and Education
- Economics and Business
- Social Sciences
About University of Amsterdam
One of the top universities in Europe is the University of Amsterdam, which is situated in the Netherlands. It provides a broad selection of academic programmes in many different fields, including the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and economics. The institution is famous for its outstanding research and offers students a dynamic academic environment. It nurtures critical thinking and creativity and encourages cultural interchange thanks to its varied and multinational community. The University of Amsterdam is dedicated to providing top-notch instruction, promoting interdisciplinary cooperation, and putting students in the best possible positions to succeed in their chosen professions.
- Minimum GPA*, comparable to:
- 3.7 (USA);
- First class honors/upper division (British system));
- Cum laude (Dutch system) or 8+ (Dutch EC-system, 10-point scale)
* If you obtained a non-legal bachelor that gives admission to the LLM programme of your choice, we only include the law courses in the calculation of your GPA
- Two letters of recommendation by a dean, teacher or academic supervisor;
- The quality of the letter of motivation (maximum 500 words) in which the candidate explains the reasons for choosing the specific Master’s programme and the importance of receiving the scholarship
The language skills are assessed by taking one of the following tests:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). The minimum TOEFL score required is: 100 iBT, with a minimum of 24 for subscores reading and writing, a minimum of 22 for subscore listening and a minimum of 25 for subscore speaking;
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System). The minimum IELTS score required is 7.0, with a minimum of 6.5 for each subscore;
- Cambridge English Language Assessment: minimum grade C1 Advanced with a minimum score of 190
The test results may not be more than two years old, calculated from the start date of the English-language Master’s programme in question.
The Amsterdam Law School only accepts English language proficiency test results that are no more than two years old at the time of your start of the programme.
Chinese applicants need to submit an IELTS or TOEFL iBT test and request a Nuffic certificate.
The following students are exempted from the afore-mentioned tests:
- students who have received their prior education in one of the following English speaking countries: Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States;
- students who possess an international or European baccalaureate diploma (provided that it is an English-language diploma);
- students who have completed an English-language study programme (the minimum level is a Bachelor’s programme);
- students who possess a Bachelor’s diploma from a Dutch research university.
Candidates wishing to apply for an AMS scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (Studiefinanciering; for more information please refer to DUO.nl). The scholarship office should be notified as soon as possible throughout the academic year of any change in nationality, type of residence permit, and/or possible support via Studiefinanciering.
- Before applying for this scholarship, the Amsterdam Graduate School of Law requires you to either:
- (in case of a regular master) be conditionally admitted to
- (in case of a selective master) have received confirmation from us that your application has been forwarded to the selection committee of
an English-taught LLM programme starting in September. To make sure you receive confirmation on either of those in time, note that the application deadline for your LLM programme is 1 January if you want to be considered for a scholarship. Please check the general application requirements for the programme of your choice.
- Be admitted to a Master’s programme at the UvA for the first time. AMS will not be awarded to candidates who are seeking a second Master’s degree, or attending a second Master’s programme, at the UvA.
- Be able to comply with Dutch visa regulations as indicated by the Dutch Immigration Service (IND).
- Be enrolled at the UvA as a full-time student for the academic year and programme for which the scholarship is awarded. Scholarship funding is not guaranteed if a candidate changes Master’s programmes.
How to Apply for University of Amsterdam Merit Scholarship 2024?
- Complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form below before 15 January 2024.
- Upload the following required documents in your Scholarship Application Form:
- Academic records: certified transcripts (and diploma if you have already finished your degree), including your GPA (see Selection criteria);
- Two letters of recommendation by a dean, teacher or academic supervisor;
- Letter of motivation (maximum 500 words) in which you explain the reasons for choosing the specific Master’s programme (broader context, relevance for future career) and the importance of receiving the scholarship;
- Proof of English proficiency (see Selection criteria).
Please note that incomplete scholarship application files will not be considered.
You will be informed about the decision of the Selection Committee of the Amsterdam Law School by the end of May.
FAQ About Scholarship
Q: What is the University of Amsterdam Merit Scholarship 2024?
A: The University of Amsterdam offers excellent overseas students who want to continue their education at the university the University of Amsterdam Merit Scholarship 2024 scholarship programme.
Q: What does the scholarship cover?
A: Selected students who get the scholarship will have a portion of their tuition fees waived. Depending on the amount of cash that is available and the calibre of the candidates, the scholarship’s actual value changes every year.
Q: Who is eligible to apply for the scholarship?
A: International applicants to any bachelor’s or master’s degree programme at the University of Amsterdam are eligible for the scholarship. Candidates must fulfil the university’s entrance standards and exhibit exceptional academic performance.
Q: How competitive is the scholarship?
A: Due to the high calibre of candidates and the limited number of grants available, the scholarship is extremely competitive. Normally, only outstanding individuals with proven track records in extracurricular activities and good academic records are chosen.
Q: How can I apply for the scholarship?
A: The University of Amsterdam Merit Scholarship 2023 application procedure and deadlines are available on the official university website. In most cases, applicants must submit an online application along with supporting materials including academic transcripts, recommendation letters, and a motivation letter.
Q: Can the scholarship be renewed for subsequent years?
A: The Merit Scholarship is ordinarily given out for a single academic year. However, depending on academic standing and other requirements established by the university, certain scholarships could be renewed.
Q: When will the scholarship recipients be notified?
A few months following the application deadline, candidates are normally informed of the results of their scholarship application. The precise timing of notice may vary.
Q: Can I apply for other scholarships or financial aid in addition to the Merit Scholarship?
A: Yes, because the Merit Scholarship might not cover all of the costs of attending the University of Amsterdam, students are advised to look into additional scholarship opportunities and financial assistance programmes.
Disclaimer: This is not the official scholarship website; it is only a one-page description of the scholarship. Despite our best efforts to keep the material up to date and correct, changes might happen at any time without prior notice. The most current, accurate, and complete information may be found on the official scholarship website, which we strongly advise you to verify. Any reliance you put on knowledge received from NotesBard.com is totally at your own risk.