University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships 2024
University of Geneva
|grant amounting to CHF 10’000 to CHF 15’000/year (no teaching duties)
|Next application deadline is 28 February, 2024(for Masters starting September 16, 2024).
The online form will be available again in January 2024
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or scholarship to support your degree program? University of Geneva, Switzerland inviting online application for University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships 2023.
Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over this scholarship program’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
About University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships 2024
Excellence Masters Fellowships are available from the University of Geneva for the 2024 academic year, giving excellent candidates the chance to study a master’s degree there. These scholarships are intended to draw and assist exceptionally gifted people from all over the world who exhibit academic distinction and have a strong desire to further their fields of study.
Depending on the master’s programme and the applicant’s profile, the fellowships pay all or part of the tuition costs. The fellowship recipients may also be eligible for a living allowance to help them pay for their stay in Geneva while they are pursuing their studies.
The University of Geneva is recognised for its top-notch instruction and research, and it offers a variety of master’s programmes in subjects including the sciences, the humanities, the social sciences, law, economics, and more. Students who get the Excellence Masters Fellowship have access to top-notch education as well as membership in a lively academic environment that stimulates their minds.
Candidates must have earned their bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible for the fellowship, as well as satisfy the criteria of the master’s programme they are applying to. Candidates go through a stringent selection procedure where their academic record, potential, and drive are taken into consideration.
The University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships 2024 give gifted students a fantastic opportunity to advance their study and take part in cutting-edge research at one of Europe’s top institutions.
Program of Study
About University of Geneva
A famous university with a reputation for distinction in both teaching and research is the University of Geneva, which is situated in Switzerland. It was established in 1559, has a lengthy history, and provides a wide selection of academic programmes in a number of subjects, including humanities, social sciences, law, economics, and more. The institution is dedicated to encouraging multidisciplinary cooperation, critical thinking, and innovation. It pulls in visitors from all over the world, including scholars and students, because to its excellent reputation. The University of Geneva is a popular choice for higher education because it offers a lively study atmosphere, cutting-edge facilities, and chances for intellectual and personal growth.
- Academic Excellence: Applicants must have completed a recognized undergraduate degree from a reputable university or institution with outstanding academic performance.
- Admission to a Master’s Program: Candidates must apply for and be accepted into a master’s program at the University of Geneva. It is important to note that being awarded the fellowship does not guarantee admission to a specific program.
- Field of Study: The fellowships are available for master’s programs offered by the University of Geneva in various disciplines, including sciences, humanities, social sciences, law, economics, etc.
- Nationality: The fellowships are open to candidates of any nationality.
- Language Proficiency: Proficiency in the language of instruction for the chosen master’s program (usually English or French) is required. Applicants may need to provide language proficiency test scores, such as TOEFL or IELTS.
For verification that you have begun the matriculation process, a scan of your UNIGE card or, if you are not yet a student at UNIGE, the central administration’s letter addressed to “Your application to UNIGE” is required.
- A scan of your national identity card or passport.
- A Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum).
- The transcript of exams passed during the bachelor education, with all grades.
- A motivation letter in which you describe your specific scientific interests and your motivation to pursue a Master of Science program at the University of Geneva.
- If possible: Letters of references from two professors (preferably sent by them directly to ) attesting your aptitude to this program.
- Any other pertinent information like results of GRE (General requirement examination), of TOEFL or other language test.
Online applications are accepted beginning at the start of each year’s January. Following registration, you will get an email with a unique link that you may use to complete the application.
How to Apply for University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships 2024?
- Choose a Master’s Program: Explore the range of master’s programs offered by the University of Geneva and select the program that aligns with your academic interests and goals.
- Review Eligibility Requirements: Carefully review the eligibility criteria for the chosen master’s program and ensure that you meet all the necessary qualifications, including academic excellence and language proficiency.
- Prepare Application Documents: Gather all the required documents, which may include:
- A completed application form (available on the official website)
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- Transcripts of previous academic records
- A motivation letter explaining your interest in the selected master’s program and how it aligns with your academic and career aspirations
- Letters of recommendation from professors or professionals who can speak to your academic abilities and potential
- Language proficiency test scores (if applicable)
- Any additional documents requested by the specific master’s program.
- Submit the Application: Submit your application, along with all the required documents, before the specified deadline. Applications are typically submitted online through the university’s application portal. Be sure to follow the instructions provided and double-check that all the necessary materials have been included.
- Review and Selection Process: The applications will be reviewed by a selection committee, which will assess the candidates based on their academic achievements, potential, motivation, and fit with the chosen master’s program. Shortlisted candidates may be invited for interviews or additional assessments.
- Notification of Results: The University of Geneva will communicate the results of the fellowship selection process to the applicants. Successful candidates will receive confirmation of their acceptance and the details of the fellowship, including any financial support offered.
FAQ About Fellowship
What is the deadline for applying for the Excellence Masters Fellowships 2024?
The master’s program-specific deadline for fellowship applications may change. It is crucial to confirm the precise deadline for the programme you are interested in by visiting the official website or getting in touch with the University of Geneva.
Can international students apply for the fellowships?
The grants are available to applicants of any nationality, yes. Applications from international students are encouraged.
Are there any age restrictions for applying?
Typically, there are no set age requirements for applying to the fellowships. You are eligible to apply for the fellowships if you satisfy the requirements and are accepted into a master’s programme at the University of Geneva.
Are the fellowships available for all master’s programs at the University of Geneva?
The majority of the master’s programmes provided by the University of Geneva are eligible for the fellowships. It is advised to check each program’s eligibility requirements, nevertheless, to make sure the fellowship is appropriate.
Is there a separate application for the fellowships?
The fellowships often don’t have a separate application. When applicants submit an application for admission to their desired master’s programme, the fellowships are automatically taken into consideration. However, it’s crucial to make it clear in your application materials that you want to be taken into consideration for the Excellence Masters Fellowships.
What does the fellowship cover?
Depending on the programme and the applicant’s profile, the fellowship may pay the entire or a portion of the master’s program’s tuition costs. Some participants may additionally get a living stipend to cover their expenses while they’re studying in Geneva. Successful applicants will be informed of the fellowship’s specifics.
How are the recipients of the fellowships selected?
The competitive selection procedure usually entails an evaluation of the candidates’ academic accomplishments, potential, drive, and compatibility with the preferred master’s programme. In addition to evaluating applications, the selection committee may also take into account shortlisted applicants’ interviews or extra tests.
Can I apply for multiple master’s programs and be considered for the fellowships?
Yes, you are eligible to apply for the fellowships and several master’s programmes at the University of Geneva. To make sure you are eligible, it is crucial to review the unique application requirements and instructions for each programme.
Disclaimer: This is not the official scholarship website; it is only a one-page description of the scholarship. Despite our best efforts to keep the material up to date and correct, changes might happen at any time without prior notice. The most current, accurate, and complete information may be found on the official scholarship website, which we strongly advise you to verify. Any reliance you put on knowledge received from NotesBard.com is totally at your own risk.