University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship 2023
|Grade Level||Master’s / Doctoral|
|Eligible Nationalities||both domestic and international students|
University of Saskatchewan
|Award||Master’s: $20,000 per year for two years
Doctoral: $24,000 per year for two years
|Application Deadline||Please refer university website|
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or scholarship to support your degree program? University of Saskatchewan, Canada inviting online application for University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship 2023.
Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over this scholarship program’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
About University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship 2023
A prominent scholarship programme provided by the University of Saskatchewan in Canada is the University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship. The programme aims to draw in and assist exceptional graduate students who have demonstrated high academic and research potential.
Both local and foreign students studying in a variety of disciplines and fields of study are eligible for the award. The University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship offers recipients financial assistance so they can continue their graduate education and take part in ground-breaking research at the university.
The scholarship is very competitive, and candidates are carefully chosen based on their academic prowess, research achievements, and leadership potential. The comprehensive financial package that is given to the chosen candidates comprises a salary, a tuition remission, and research grants.
The University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship offers graduates access to a thriving academic environment, cutting-edge research facilities, and top-notch faculty mentors in addition to financial assistance. This scholarship provides a life-changing educational experience, encouraging intellectual development and putting students in the best possible position to succeed in academics and business.
Overall, the University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship offers excellent graduate students the prestige and financial assistance they need to pursue their academic and research goals.
Program of Study
- Business and Economics
- Society and Law
- Agriculture, Plants, and Animals
- Life Sciences
- Culture, and Arts
- Indigenous Programs
- Environment and Earth Sciences
- Languages and Communications
About University of Saskatchewan
An elite public research institution with a reputation for academic achievement and innovation, the institution of Saskatchewan is situated in Saskatoon, Canada. It was established in 1907 and now provides a comprehensive variety of undergraduate and graduate programmes in a number of academic fields, including business, engineering, agriculture, and health sciences. The institution is well known for its top-notch academics, cutting-edge research facilities, and steadfast dedication to social responsibility and community participation. The University of Saskatchewan offers students a welcoming and inclusive environment where they may succeed academically and personally while making major contributions to society thanks to its lively and varied campus community.
Successful candidates are awarded a generous funding package, which includes a stipend, tuition waiver, and research grants.
- Be a First Nations (status or non-status), Métis, or Inuit person of Canada
- Be accepted into or registered in a College of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies Master’s or PhD program
- Have a minimum GPA of 75%
- Demonstrate leadership through active community engagement and/or involvement (see examples below)
- Hold the award within the first 36 months of a Master’s program or within the first 60 months of a PhD program
For International Students
- Students must be an International student at USask. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are not eligible for this award.
- Students must have a minimum entering or current cumulative GPA of 80.00%
- Students must have completed no more than 24 months in a Doctoral graduate program (at the University of Saskatchewan or any other institution) at the time of nomination
- Students must be entering into or registered in an eligible doctoral program that includes a significant research component that leads to the completion of a dissertation that is reviewed at the institutional level as a requirement for completion of the program
- Students entering or registered in a joint program with a professional degree (for example, MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD, MBA, PhD) as well as clinically oriented programs of study, including clinical psychology, are eligible if they have a significant autonomous research component as described above
- Entering students must have applied for a PhD program, paid their application fee, and received an NSID
- Outline of Proposed Research (2 pages max.)
- Bibliography (5 pages max.)
- Canadian Common CV
- Photocopies of official transcripts from all universities attended (unofficial University of Saskatchewan transcripts will be accepted)
How to Apply for University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship 2023?
- A completed Indigenous Graduate Leadership Award online application
- A written submission (maximum one page), explaining how you meet the eligibility requirements
- An oral submission (maximum 5 minutes: audio or video), expanding on how you meet the eligibility requirements. In respect for and to honour the oral traditions of Indigenous communities, the oral submission can include, but is not limited to, drumming, dancing, singing, talking, or presenting cultural objects
- Two letters of reference (one community reference letter and one academic reference letter)
- A one-page summary of your contributions to research and/or scholarly work
- Photocopies of official transcripts from all universities attended (unofficial transcripts from the University of Saskatchewan will be accepted)
Membership in an Indigenous community will be verified through the procedures of the deybwewin | taapwaywin | tapwewin: Indigenous Truth policy.
- Maximum of one page in length, no larger than 8 ½” x 11”
- All text must be in 12 pt. Times New Roman font (condensed fonts will not be accepted)
- Margins must be set at a maximum of 1”
Reference letters can be submitted confidentially by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All written submissions must follow the guidelines as outlined in the application package.
Incomplete application packages will not be accepted or considered
The oral submission must be formatted as an mp4 (video submission) or as an mp3 (audio submission) and can be submitted as a YouTube link on the application. You can also contact us at email@example.com and we will provide you with a link to a secure document-sharing website.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAQ About Scholarship
Q: What is the University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship?
A: The University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship is a scholarship programme made available to the University of Saskatchewan’s top graduate students. To pursue graduate courses and carry out cutting-edge research, it offers financial support.
Q: Who is eligible to apply for the scholarship?
A: The requirements for eligibility might change based on the particular scholarship programme. Generally speaking, candidates must have a solid academic history, have research potential, and satisfy the University of Saskatchewan’s admission standards for their desired graduate programme.
Q: Are international students eligible for the scholarship?
A: Yes, both domestic and foreign students are eligible to apply for the University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship.
Q: What fields of study are covered by the scholarship?
A: The scholarship may be used to pursue a variety of academic programmes provided by the University of Saskatchewan, including those in the arts, sciences, business, engineering, medicine, agriculture, and more. Programme conditions and specific eligibility may change.
Q: How do I apply for the scholarship?
A: The particular scholarship programme will determine the application procedure and deadlines. Typically, applicants must submit an online application together with their academic records, letters of recommendation, a research proposal (if necessary), and other required materials. For thorough application instructions, it is crucial to visit the official website or get in touch with the university.
Q: What does the scholarship cover?
A: In addition to a salary, the scholarship package may also include funds for research. Depending on the programme and available resources, the specifics of the scholarship package may change.
Q: How competitive is the scholarship?
A: Due to its prominence and small number of grants, the scholarship has a very high level of competition. It draws exceptional candidates from all around the world, and candidates are chosen based on academic quality, potential for future research, and other criteria.
Q: Can I hold other scholarships or funding along with the University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship?
A: It depends on the rules and regulations of the particular scholarship programme. While some scholarships may not limit winners from holding additional funds, others could. Review the scholarship requirements carefully, or ask the university for clarification.
Q: Can the scholarship be renewed for subsequent years?
A: Depending on the particular programme, the scholarship renewal policy may change. While some scholarships may need a fresh application for each year of financing, others may allow automatic renewal for several years depending on good academic advancement.
Q: Where can I find more information about the University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship?
A: It is advised to visit the University of Saskatchewan’s official website or get in touch with the admissions or scholarship office directly for detailed information about the University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship, including specific eligibility requirements, application deadlines, and programme requirements.
Disclaimer: This is not the official scholarship website; it is only a one-page description of the scholarship. Despite our best efforts to keep the material up to date and correct, changes might happen at any time without prior notice. The most current, accurate, and complete information may be found on the official scholarship website, which we strongly advise you to verify. Any reliance you put on knowledge received from NotesBard.com is totally at your own risk.