|Application Deadline||December 2, 2023|
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or scholarship to support your degree program? Hamid and Christina Moghadam Program in Iranian Studies, USA inviting online application for Zahedi Family Fellowship to graduate students. Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over this scholarship program’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
About Zahedi Family Fellowship
The Zahedi Family Fellowship is a twelve-week residential fellowship focusing on the Zahedi Archive (which includes both diplomatic correspondence and collected photos) at Stanford University’s Hamid and Christina Moghadam Program in Iranian Studies.
During the fellowship period, the Zahedi Fellow is expected to pursue their independent research in residency and to hold a lecture, seminar or workshop on their research, organized by the Iranian Studies Program.
The Zahedi fellow will have access to Stanford University Libraries and the Hoover Institution Library and Archives as well as a community of scholars at Stanford.
Stanford University, officially Leland Stanford Junior University, is a private research university in Stanford, California. As of April 2021, 85 Nobel laureates, 29 Turing Award laureates, and 8 Fields Medalists have been affiliated with Stanford as students, alumni, faculty, or staff. In addition, Stanford is particularly noted for its entrepreneurship and is one of the most successful universities in attracting funding for start-ups.
Zahedi Family Fellowship Coverage
The fellowship funds international travel, health insurance, and visa support, and a $15,000 stipend for living expenses.
Zahedi Family Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Fluency in Persian is required. Terminal degree or equivalent experience is required.
- The fellowship is open to scholars and artists working on the modern history of Iran, particularly the period of 1941 to 1979. Preference will be given to scholars who have worked on aspects of modern Iranian foreign policy, history, and culture.
Looking For More Scholarships? Click here
- Zahedi Fellowship application form
- A letter of application/research proposal
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A writing sample (book chapter or article length, in English or Persian)
- A short proposal for a public lecture/workshop to be held at Stanford (can be related to research proposal)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
How to Apply?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Zahedi Family Fellowship:
- Create an account and to apply.
- Fill-out the required informations
- Attach & submit the supporting documents in the Scholarship Application Form.
- Check your email for the successful application.
Disclaimer: This is one-page summary of the Fellowship not a official Fellowship page. Although we make every effort to maintain the information current and accurate, changes may occur at any time without prior warning. We strongly encourage you to check the official Fellowship page for the most up-to-date, accurate, and comprehensive information. You solely bear the risk for any reliance you place on information obtained from NotesBard.com.