|2 years of allowance
|March 01, October 01, 2024
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or Fellowship to support your degree program? Kingston University, England inviting online application for A*Star International Fellowship. Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over this Fellowship program’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
About A*Star International Fellowship
The A*STAR International Fellowship (AIF) is a scholarship that will fund your post-doctoral training at leading research institutions or universities overseas, providing you with opportunities to expand your research experience and deepen your knowledge in your chosen field.
With the AIF, you will build a global network, gain international exposure as well as new perspectives. Upon completing your post-doctorate training, you will embark on an exciting career at one of the A*STAR research institutes of your choice.
Learn from the best minds in the global research community, establish an international network and take your research to the next level!
The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) drives mission-oriented research that advances scientific discovery and technological innovation. We play a key role in nurturing and developing talent and leaders for our Research Institutes, the wider research community, and industry.
Our research creates economic growth and jobs for Singapore. As a Science and Technology Organisation, we bridge the gap between academia and industry in terms of research and development.
In these endeavours, we seek to integrate the relevant capabilities of our research institutes and collaborate with the wider research community as well as other public sector agencies towards meaningful and impactful outcomes.
A*Star International Fellowship Coverage
Successful applicants will be given the following support* for up to 2 years of overseas post-doctoral research training:
- Monthly overseas living allowance
- Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable)
- Annual return airfare
- Other allowances includes Settling-in allowance, Computer allowance, Conference allowance
- Annual personal insurance
*All rates/allowances vary according to country and university/lab, and are subject to A*STAR adjustments from time to time
A*Star International Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Be Singaporeans and other nationals may apply but non-Singaporeans are required to have obtained Singapore citizenship prior to the commencement of the fellowship
- Have completed a PhD within the last 4 years
- Possess excellent publication records
- Not have existing bonds to any institution
- Have applied or be applying for a relevant post-doctoral position at a top overseas university/laboratory
- Applicants in the final stages of their PhD may apply for the AIF. However, their AIF award is confirmed only upon conferment of their PhD degree
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Looking For More Scholarships? Click here
- Online Application Form
- Academic Transcript
- Cover Letter
- Recommendation Letter
How to Apply?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Fellowship:
- Create an account and to apply from here.
- Fill-out the required informations
- Attach & submit the supporting documents in the Application Form.
- Check your email for the successful application.
FAQ About Fellowship
1. How long does it take to process my application?
The processing time for applications is up to 5 months from the date that you submit the complete application to A*STAR Graduate Academy office to the date that you are informed of the application outcome.
2. Is there any application deadline? We process applications for 2 intakes. 1st October of the preceding year for February’s commencement, and 1st March of current year for August’s commencement.
3. What is the application and interview process like? Your application will be reviewed upon submission of all required documents, and you may be requested to provide more information while we assess your application.
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend at least 2 rounds of interviews, and other test(s) where applicable. Prior to the first round of interview, you will need to seek endorsement from your proposed A*STAR Research Institute supervisor, and Executive Director, for you to serve the 3-year service commitment period at the chosen Research Institute after the post-doctoral training under the AIF. You will be given 15 minutes to present your proposed research project, followed by 15 minutes of Q&A during the first round of interview. .
4. I am currently based overseas. Can I attend the interviews by Skype?
All interviews are conducted online for shortlisted applicants, unless otherwise stated.
5. Do I have to contact a Principal Investigator at an Overseas University/Institution?
Yes, you should contact an overseas university/institution supervisor to establish a project proposal prior to applying for AIF. The AIF award is conditional upon you having a confirmed place at the approved university/institution.
6. Are there any criteria for the proposed overseas university/institution?
The proposed overseas university/institution should be a leading institution in your proposed research area.
7. I am currently holding a post-doctoral position overseas. Can I use the AIF funding to continue my research?
Most applicants who apply for the AIF scholarship have not embarked on post-doctoral training yet. If you have already started your overseas post-doctoral training, you can still apply but we would have to assess the relevance and value of the research area you are working on and the strength of your overseas supervisor/institution.
8. Am I allowed to receive monetary support from the overseas university /institution?
This would be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and it is subject to approval.
9. Can I propose any research topic?
You should propose a research topic/area that is aligned to A*STAR’s research direction and of relevance and value to the A*STAR Research Institutes. We strongly advise you to discuss with the A*STAR Research Institutes of interest to you before you propose a topic.
Disclaimer: This is one-page summary of the scholarship not a official scholarship page. Although we make every effort to maintain the information current and accurate, changes may occur at any time without prior warning. We strongly encourage you to check the official scholarship page for the most up-to-date, accurate, and comprehensive information. You solely bear the risk for any reliance you place on information obtained from NotesBard.com.