|Grade Level||Masters, PhD|
|Sponsors||University of Minnesota|
|Application Deadline||February 8, 2023|
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or scholarship to support your degree program? University of Minnesota, USA inviting online application for Diversity of Views & Experience Fellowship (DOVE) for Masters / PhD students. Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over the University of Minnesota DOVE Fellowship program’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
About University of Minnesota DOVE Fellowship
The Diversity of Views and Experiences (DOVE) Fellowship Program seeks to assist graduate research programs to promote a diversity of views, experiences, and ideas in the pursuit of research, scholarship, and creative excellence. This diversity is promoted through the recruitment and support of academically excellent students with diverse ethnic, racial, economic, and educational backgrounds and experiences.
The University of Minnesota, formally the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, (UMN Twin Cities, the U of M, or Minnesota) is a public land-grant research university in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States. It is the flagship institution of the University of Minnesota System, and is organized into 19 colleges, schools, and other major academic units.
University of Minnesota DOVE Fellowship Coverage
The DOVE fellowship is a $25,000 stipend, academic year tuition at the general graduate rate for up to 14 credits per semester, subsidized health insurance through the Graduate Assistant Health Plan for up to one calendar year, option to attend the GSDO Summer Institute (includes $4,000 stipend and health insurance coverage), and a minimum of $1,000 for research/conference travel funding.
University of Minnesota DOVE Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- The DOVE fellowship is for incoming/prospective Master’s and PhD students in research-based programs.
- Eligible graduate programs include master’s or doctoral research-based programs.
- Applicants to a Professional Program should apply to the Provost’s Professional Education Diversity Fellowship.
- U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, prospective students lawfully in the U.S. on a non-temporary basis, and MN Dream Act students.
- Graduate program applicants entering the University of Minnesota for the first time in the 2023-24 academic year.
- Applicants who have already earned a terminal degree are NOT eligible. If selected, the recipient must be admitted to the nominating graduate research program as a degree-seeking student by Fall semester 2023.
- At least two (2) DOVE Fellowships will be awarded to McNair Scholars.
Looking For More Scholarships? Click here
- DGS Questionnaire Letter
- Nominee’s Personal Statement from graduate program application
- Nominee’s Diversity Statement from graduate program application
How to Apply University of Minnesota DOVE Fellowship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for University of Minnesota DOVE Fellowship:
- Program Nomination is required. Please reach out to your Director of Graduate Studies or Graduate Program Coordinator to inquire about nomination.
- Programs can nominate up to two (2) applicants.
- Nominations to the DOVE Fellowship are through the Graduate School Application System.
- Note for School of Public Health nominators: Because SPH does not use this system, we ask you to access this electronic form to submit nominations.
FAQ About Scholarship
Are international students eligible to be nominated for the dove fellowship?
No, International students are NOT eligible to be nominated for the DOVE. Only students who are lawfully in the United States on a non-temporary basis can be nominated.
Who nominates prospective students to the dove fellowship?
The Director of Graduate Studies (DGS) in the prospective graduate program. Applicants may contact the graduate program directly and request to be considered for the DOVE Fellowship. Applicants may NOT self-nominate or apply directly.
How competitive is the dove fellowship?
The DOVE Fellowship is competitive. Approximately 100 applications are received each year, and approximately 20-30% are awarded fellowship offers.
Disclaimer: This is one-page summary of the scholarship not a official scholarship page. Although we make every effort to maintain the information current and accurate, changes may occur at any time without prior warning. We strongly encourage you to check the official scholarship page for the most up-to-date, accurate, and comprehensive information. You solely bear the risk for any reliance you place on information obtained from NotesBard.com.