Berea College Scholarships 2023 for International Students
|Eligible Nationalities||All countries|
|Award||Fully Funded Scholarship|
|Application Deadline||Deadline may vary from year to year, Please check the University’s official website|
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or scholarship to support your degree program? Berea College, USA inviting online application for Berea College Scholarships for International Students Undergraduate.
Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over this scholarship program’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
About Berea College Scholarships 2023 for International Students
For the academic year 2023, Berea College in Kentucky, USA, will award scholarships to foreign students. The need-based awards pay students all four years of undergraduate education at Berea College, including tuition, lodging, and board.
International students who want to apply for the Berea College Scholarship must be academically gifted and have a need for financial aid. Additionally, they must have a strong commitment to volunteer work in the community and exhibit leadership potential.
The Berea College Scholarship will accept applications from August 15, 2022, through November 30, 2022. To be eligible for the award, applicants must finish and submit the Common Application, the CSS Profile, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and the College award Service (CSS) Profile.
No matter their financial situation, students at Berea College will receive a top-notch education. The scholarship programme is an exceptional chance for foreign students to earn a degree in the United States without having to worry about paying for tuition.
Program of Study
- African and African American Studies
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Asian Studies
- Child and Family Studies
- Classical Studies
- Computer Science
- Environmental Studies
- Film Studies
- Gender Studies
- Health and Human Performance
- Peace and Social Justice Studies
- Political Science
Berea College is dedicated to giving students a thorough education that equips them for a variety of jobs and graduate studies. The curriculum is created to intellectually challenge students while simultaneously inspiring them to participate in volunteer work and social justice advocacy.
About Berea College
Private liberal arts institution Berea institution is situated in Berea, Kentucky, in the United States. Since its inception in 1855, the college has consistently offered education to students from all socioeconomic backgrounds. Berea College is renowned for its dedication to offering all students a tuition-free education and for concentrating on helping the Appalachian region of the United States. The institution emphasises experiential learning, volunteerism, and social justice advocacy while offering a choice of undergraduate programmes of study. The student work programme at Berea College, which gives all students the chance to work on campus and develop useful career skills, is another one of the school’s highlights.
- Full tuition fees for four years of undergraduate study
- Room and board in a campus residence hall, including meals
- A laptop computer and printer
- Health insurance coverage
- A $1,000 annual stipend for personal expenses
- Support for study abroad opportunities
- Participation in the Student Labor Program, which provides work opportunities on campus to develop job skills and offset personal expenses
- Opportunities for leadership development and community service
The scholarship is a need-based grant, thus it fully covers the cost of attendance for students who can prove they have a need for financial assistance. International students chosen for the scholarship programme are required to keep up their academic status and engage in extracurricular activities at Berea College.
- Must be a citizen of a country other than the United States, or a U.S. citizen with dual citizenship from another country
- Must have completed secondary school outside of the United States
- Must be academically talented, with a strong academic record and a demonstrated potential for success in college-level coursework
- Must demonstrate financial need, as determined by the College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Must be able to provide proof of English proficiency, either through TOEFL or IELTS scores or by completing an English language program approved by Berea College
- Must possess a strong commitment to community service and demonstrate leadership potential
- Must apply for admission to Berea College and be accepted for enrollment as a first-time, full-time freshman student
- Must submit all application materials by the deadline, including the Common Application, the CSS Profile, and the FAFSA.
- The Common Application for admission to Berea College
- The College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile, which is used to assess financial need
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is also used to assess financial need
Official transcripts from all secondary schools attended, with certified English translations if applicable
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores, or proof of completion of an English language program approved by Berea College
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, or community leaders who can speak to the applicant’s academic and personal achievements and potential
- A personal essay or statement of purpose, explaining the applicant’s interest in attending Berea College, their academic and personal goals, and their commitment to community service and leadership
- Any additional materials required by specific programs of study, such as a portfolio or audition recording for arts programs
To be eligible for the scholarship, all required paperwork must be submitted before the deadline. For further information or help with the application process, prospective students are urged to get in touch with the Berea College Office of Admissions.
How to Apply for Berea College Scholarships 2023 for International Students?
- Look at the Berea College scholarship criteria and degree possibilities.
- By the deadline, submit the Common Application for admission to Berea College.
- To determine financial need, complete the College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Request official transcripts and TOEFL or IELTS scores to be sent to Berea College
- Request two letters of support from individuals who can speak to the applicant’s academic and personal accomplishments and potential, such as teachers, counsellors, or community leaders.
- Write a personal statement or essay outlining why you want to attend Berea College, your academic and personal objectives, and your dedication to leadership and community involvement.
- By the deadline, submit all application materials, including any extra ones needed for particular study programmes.
- Await the admissions committee at Berea College’s conclusion. They will review applicants based on leadership potential, financial need, and academic success.
- In the event that their application is approved, they will be given the Berea College Scholarship for International Students, which includes four years of undergraduate study and full tuition, housing and board, a laptop computer, health insurance, and a personal stipend.
FAQ About Scholarship
Who is eligible for the Berea College Scholarship for International Students?
The scholarship is open to international students who did their secondary education outside of the United States and who are neither U.S. citizens or U.S. citizens having dual citizenship from another nation.
What does the scholarship cover?
For four years of undergraduate study, the scholarship pays the full cost of tuition, room and board, a laptop computer, health insurance, and a personal stipend.
How do I apply for the scholarship?
The Common Application for admission to Berea College, the CSS Profile, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), official transcripts, TOEFL or IELTS scores, two letters of recommendation, a personal essay or statement of purpose, and any other materials needed by particular programmes of study are all required of applicants in order to be considered for the scholarship.
How is financial need determined?
The College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) are used to assess financial need.
Are there any specific program of study requirements for the scholarship?
No, the grant is open to all of Berea College’s academic programmes.
How competitive is the scholarship program?
Only a select few students are chosen each year for the scholarship programme due to its intense competition.
Is there a deadline to apply for the scholarship?
Yes, for enrollment in the fall semester of each year, the application deadline for the scholarship is typically in early January.
What are the criteria for selection?
Academic success, financial necessity, leadership potential, and dedication to volunteerism are taken into consideration while making a decision.
Can I still apply if I don’t meet all the eligibility requirements?
No, candidates must satisfy all eligibility standards in order to be taken into consideration for the scholarship.
Can I apply for the scholarship as a transfer student?
No, the scholarship is only open to freshmen who are enrolled full-time for the first time.
Disclaimer: This is not the official scholarship website; it is only a one-page description of the scholarship. Despite our best efforts to keep the material up to date and correct, changes might happen at any time without prior notice. The most current, accurate, and complete information may be found on the official scholarship website, which we strongly advise you to verify. Any reliance you put on knowledge received from NotesBard.com is totally at your own risk.