|Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
|€1,700 per month
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or scholarship to support your degree program? Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (MPI-CBG), Germany inviting online application for International Max Planck Research School PhD Scholarships.
Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over this scholarship program’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
The scholarships are awarded through the International Max Planck Research School for Cell, Developmental, and Systems Biology (IMPRS-CDS), which is a joint graduate program between MPI-CBG, the Technische Universität Dresden, and the Center for Systems Biology Dresden.
The International Max Planck Research School PhD Scholarship 2024-2025 provides full funding to international students. The contract includes health insurance, pension contributions, and other social benefits. PhD students have a monthly net take-home pay of at least 1,700 Euro (after taxes and deductions).
Program of Study
- Computer Science
- Applied Mathematics
The Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (MPI-CBG) is a German research institute based in Dresden. It was established in 1998 as part of the Max Planck Society, a non-profit organization that promotes basic research in the natural sciences, life sciences, and humanities.
MPI-CBG is home to several research groups led by world-renowned scientists, as well as cutting-edge research facilities such as advanced microscopy and imaging equipment. Researchers from more than 50 countries collaborate to advance scientific knowledge at the institute, which has a strong international presence.
- The IMPRS-CellDevoSys guarantees full financial support for the entire duration of your PhD work, i.e, up to 4 years. PhD projects in the IMPRS cannot extend beyond 4 years.
- The net take-home pay for PhD students (after taxes and deductions) is in general at least 1,700 Euro per month.
- There are no tuition fees, neither for participating in our PhD Program nor for being registered as a PhD student at the Technische Universität Dresden (TUD).
You are eligible for our IMPRS if you can answer all questions below with a clear “yes”:
- Do you hold, or anticipate receiving, a Master’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Physics, (Applied) Mathematics, or Engineering?*
- Are you specifically interested in contributing to the research performed by the research groups in our IMPRS?
- Are you driven by scientific curiosity and the ambition to shape the future of science?
- Can you prove truly excellent prior academic performance and research experience?
- Will you thrive in a highly competetive, interdisciplinary, international, and state-of-the-art environment?
- Are you enthusiastic, cooperative, and collegial?
- Can you demonstrate a high level of spoken and written English proficiency?
Looking For More Scholarships? Click here
- Scholarship Application Form
- Academic Transcript
- Motivation Letter
- Two Recommendation Letter
- English Language Proficiency Test
- Work experience (if any)
- Other documents (honors, awards, publications…) if any
How to Apply?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for International Max Planck Research School PhD Scholarships:
- Request an account to apply.
- Fill-out the required informations Attach & submit the supporting documents in the Scholarship Application Form.
- Check your email for the successful application.
FAQ About Scholarship
Can I apply even if I have not received my degree yet?
Yes, of course. However, you must hold a university degree before starting your thesis work.
Is there an age limit?
We do not have an age limit. For your reference, most of our first-year students are around 25 years old.
Can you tell me what are my chances of being accepted?
Our eligibility requirements tell you whether your application stands a chance to proceed in the evaluation process. Once you passed the Admission Committee, you will be in principle eligible for our program. After that, your chances depend mostly on finding a research group that wishes to host you as a PhD student, and that you wish to join.
Do I need to provide TOEFL or IELTS results?
No, TOEFL or IELTS results are not required. However, we recommend uploading English proficiency test results to your application if available, as a high level of English language proficiency is required.
Do I need to provide GRE results?
Taking the GRE examination is not required. If you have taken this test, feel free to include the results in the uploads section of your application, though.
How much does the program cost?
There are no tuition fees for this program. In fact, PhD Students are compensated with an attractive salary throughout the duration of training. Should you wish to officially enroll at the TU-Dresden, there is a 285 Euro/Semester charge, which includes free access to public transportation. View more about our Funding & Tuition details.
Disclaimer: This is one-page summary of the scholarship not a official scholarship page. Although we make every effort to maintain the information current and accurate, changes may occur at any time without prior warning. We strongly encourage you to check the official scholarship page for the most up-to-date, accurate, and comprehensive information. You solely bear the risk for any reliance you place on information obtained from NotesBard.com.