Melbourne Research Scholarships 2023
|Grade Level||Master’s by research degree or a Doctoral degree (PhD)|
|Eligible Nationalities||All countries|
|Sponsors||University of Melbourne|
|Award||Fully Funded Scholarship|
|Application Deadline||Deadline may vary from year to year, Please check the University’s official website|
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or scholarship to support your degree program? University of Melbourne, Australia inviting online application for Master’s by research degree or a Doctoral degree (PhD) scholarship.
Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over this scholarship program’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
About Melbourne Research Scholarship 2023
The University of Melbourne administers the famous and fiercely competitive Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS) programme. Outstanding domestic and international students who want to pursue a research degree (Master’s or PhD) at the University of Melbourne in 2023 are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
For those who are selected, the scholarship will pay their tuition, living expenses, and a stipend for moving expenses. Additionally, MRS recipients have access to a variety of networking and professional development opportunities.
Candidates for the MRS are chosen based on their academic aptitude, potential for research, and capacity to support the University of Melbourne’s research community. Applicants must either presently be enrolled in a research programme at the University of Melbourne or have already received an offer of admission.
The MRS application deadline is typically in late October of the year before the scholarship begins. Students who are interested are urged to visit the University of Melbourne’s website for more details and to submit applications.
Program of Study
Numerous research fields and academic disciplines are covered by the Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS) programme of study. The following are a few of the study areas that will be covered by the MRS in 2023:
- Agriculture, Animal and Food Sciences
- Architecture, Building, Planning and Design
- Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Business and Economics
- Engineering and IT
- Environment, Energy and Resources
- Health, Medicine and Dentistry
- Law and Legal Studies
- Music, Performing and Visual Arts
Please take note that this is not a comprehensive list and that there may be more fields of study that are accessible through the MRS programme. Students who are interested are urged to go to the University of Melbourne’s website for more details on the precise research fields and academic specialties covered by the MRS for 2023.
About University of Melbourne
Australia’s Melbourne is home to the famous University of Melbourne, which is known for its emphasis on research. It was founded in 1853, making it the second-oldest university in Australia. It is also a member of the exclusive Group of Eight, which is made up of the top research-intensive universities in the nation.
The University of Melbourne provides an extensive selection of undergraduate and graduate programmes in a number of academic fields, including the arts, business, education, engineering, law, medical, science, and veterinary and agricultural sciences. With more than 100 research centres and institutions, it has a strong concentration on research excellence and is home to more than 50,000 students from more than 130 nations. Additionally, the university is dedicated to encouraging social responsibility and sustainability, and it has a number of initiatives and programmes in place to help it get there.
Successful applicants get a full scholarship package from the Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS) programme, which normally consists of:
- Full tuition fee waiver for the duration of the degree
- Living allowance of AUD $32,000 per annum (tax-free)
- Health insurance for international students
- Relocation grant of up to AUD $2,000 (for students moving from interstate or overseas)
- Thesis allowance
- Conference travel allowance
Please take note that the precise scholarship package may change based on the unique circumstances of the selected candidate. During their studies, MRS recipients may also have the chance to take part in a variety of professional development and networking activities.
The following conditions must be met in order to be eligible for the Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS) programme in 2023:
- Applicants must be domestic or international students intending to undertake a Master’s by research degree or a Doctoral degree (PhD) at the University of Melbourne in 2023.
- Applicants must have applied for and received an unconditional offer for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne by the MRS application deadline.
- Applicants must meet the University of Melbourne’s minimum academic and English language proficiency requirements for graduate research degrees.
- Applicants must not have previously completed a graduate research degree at the same level or higher than the degree for which they are seeking a scholarship.
- Applicants must not have previously received a scholarship for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne, unless it was a stipend scholarship that was terminated within six months of the commencement date.
Noting that selection is very competitive and dependent on merit, fulfilling the aforementioned eligibility requirements does not ensure receiving an MRS scholarship.
The following papers must be submitted with an application for a Melbourne Research Scholarship (MRS) in 2023:
- A completed online MRS application form
- Academic transcripts and degree certificates for all tertiary-level qualifications
English language proficiency test scores (e.g., IELTS or TOEFL) for international students who have not completed their previous studies in English.
- Research proposal or statement of purpose outlining the intended research project (usually around 1,000 to 1,500 words)
- A curriculum vitae or resume
- Contact details of two academic referees who can provide references for the applicant’s academic and research potential
- Any additional documents that may support the application (e.g., publications, awards, or relevant work experience)
It is important to keep in mind that the particular criteria may change depending on the college or department to which the candidate is applying, hence it is advised that applicants visit the University of Melbourne website for the most recent information.
How to Apply for Melbourne Research Scholarship 2023
For the Melbourne Research Scholarship (MRS) programme for 2023, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Check eligibility criteria and research area availability on the University of Melbourne’s website.
- Step 2: Obtain an unconditional offer for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne by the MRS application deadline.
- Step 3: Prepare the required documents for the MRS application (see previous question for required documents).
- Step 4: Submit an online MRS application form via the University of Melbourne’s website by the MRS application deadline.
- Step 5: Provide the contact details of two academic referees who can provide references for the applicant’s academic and research potential.
- Step 6: Wait for the outcome of the MRS application. Successful applicants will be notified of the scholarship offer and the scholarship package details via email.
Keep in mind that the MRS application deadline for 2023 is typically in late October of the year before the scholarship begins.
FAQ About Scholarship
What is the application deadline for the Melbourne Research Scholarship program for 2023?
The MRS program’s application date for 2023 is typically in late October 2022.
Can I apply for the Melbourne Research Scholarship if I have already started my graduate research degree?
No, only students who have not already finished a graduate research degree at the same level or higher than the degree for which they are applying to a scholarship are eligible for the MRS programme.
Is the Melbourne Research Scholarship available to both domestic and international students?
Yes, students from both local and foreign countries who satisfy the requirements can enrol in the MRS programme.
How competitive is the Melbourne Research Scholarship program?
There is fierce competition for the few available scholarships in the MRS programme, with many candidates.
What is the duration of the Melbourne Research Scholarship program?
The MRS programme lasts between two and four years for a Master’s by research degree and three to four years for a doctorate degree (PhD), depending on the degree level and the individual research topic.
Can I defer the Melbourne Research Scholarship if I am unable to commence my studies in 2023?
Yes, candidates who get an MRS scholarship may ask to have their award delayed for up to a year. The University of Melbourne must, however, approve the postponement.
Is there a separate application process for the Melbourne Research Scholarship program?
Yes, candidates must submit a separate online application through the University of Melbourne’s website for the MRS programme.
Disclaimer: This is not the official scholarship website; it is only a one-page description of the scholarship. Despite our best efforts to keep the material up to date and correct, changes might happen at any time without prior notice. The most current, accurate, and complete information may be found on the official scholarship website, which we strongly advise you to verify. Any reliance you put on knowledge received from NotesBard.com is totally at your own risk.