University of Calgary Scholarships for International Students 2023
|Eligible Nationalities||All Countries|
University of Calgary
|Award||$20,000 (renewable annually)|
|Application Deadline||Please refer university website|
Are you a student seeking an exciting opportunity or scholarship to support your degree program? University of Calgary, Canada inviting online application for University of Calgary Scholarships for International Students 2023.
Don’t let this fantastic chance pass you by by missing the application deadline! In this article, we’ll go over this scholarship program’s features, benefits, and step-by-step application process.
About University of Calgary Scholarships for International Students 2023
The University of Calgary foreign Scholarship is a distinguished prize that honours a foreign student who is commencing their undergraduate studies and has achieved exceptional success.
The University of Calgary provides its students with a top-notch education that equips them for success in life as well as research that tackles society’s most pressing problems.
Deserving applicants can receive financial aid from the University of Calgary Scholarships for International Students 2023 to help pay for their tuition and other educational costs. These highly sought-after scholarships are given out based on a variety of factors, including academic excellence, potential for leadership, interest in the community, and others.
The institution provides a wide variety of scholarships, including entry awards for newly accepted foreign students, ongoing awards for enrolled students, and specialised awards for students from certain nations or areas. Additionally, there are scholarships available for students studying certain fields of study as well as those with exceptional research potential.
The eligibility conditions, application dates, and prerequisites for international students interested in applying for these scholarships may be found on the University of Calgary’s official website. To increase your chances of receiving a scholarship, we advise submitting your application as early as possible and with all required supporting documentation.
Program of Study
- Faculty of Arts.
- Faculty of Science.
- School of Engineering.
- School of Medicine.
- School of Business.
- Faculty of Environmental Design.
- Faculty of Law.
- Faculty of Kinesiology.
- Faculty of Social work.
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.
- School of Education.
- Faculty of Arts.
- Faculty of Nursing.
- For more information click here.
About University of Calgary
In Calgary, Alberta, Canada, there is a public research institution called the institution of Calgary. It is a premier centre for higher learning and research in Canada. The university provides an extensive selection of undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate programmes in a number of fields, including the arts, sciences, engineering, business, health sciences, and more. The University of Calgary strives for innovation and quality while offering students a welcoming and stimulating academic environment. The institution is renowned for its robust research projects and collaborations, and it boasts cutting-edge resources and facilities to support academic and individual development.
Energizing Canada International Entrance Scholarship:
offered every year to one foreign student starting their first year of a bachelor’s degree programme at the University of Calgary. At the University of Calgary, the scholarship is renewable in the second, third and fourth years as long as the beneficiaries maintain a minimum GPA of 3.00 across a minimum of 24.00 units for the prior autumn and winter terms.
must have completed high school in China, including Hong Kong and Macau, at an accredited institution
Preference will be given to a student beginning a bachelor’s programme in engineering, business, health sciences, or urban studies.
University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship:
offered every year to overseas undergraduate students who have met the university’s English language proficiency criteria and are beginning their first year of any undergraduate degree in the forthcoming autumn term. If awardees maintain a GPA of 2.60 or above over a minimum of 24.00 units in the preceding autumn and winter terms, and continue to pay an international differential tuition charge as an international student, the award is renewable in the second, third and fourth years at the University of Calgary.
Non-Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents who are International Students who Must Pay a Differential Fee
- Completed scholarship application form: This form can usually be found on the official website of the University of Calgary.
- Proof of admission: A letter or certificate confirming your admission to the University of Calgary for the desired program of study.
- Transcripts: Official academic transcripts from all previously attended educational institutions. These should demonstrate your academic achievements.
- Letter of recommendation: Usually, two or more letters of recommendation from professors, teachers, or other academic mentors who can attest to your abilities, character, and potential.
- Personal statement or essay: A written statement describing your academic and career goals, why you are applying for the scholarship, and how it will benefit your studies and future aspirations.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume: A comprehensive document detailing your educational background, work experience, extracurricular activities, achievements, and any other relevant information.
- English language proficiency test scores: International applicants may need to provide scores from recognized English language proficiency tests such as IELTS or TOEFL, unless they have completed their previous education in an English-speaking country.
- Financial documents: Some scholarships may require proof of financial need or supporting documents to demonstrate your ability to cover additional expenses.
How to Apply for University of Calgary Scholarships for International Students 2023?
- You can start your application. Begin by creating a UCalgary eID.
- Use the application guide to help you with your application.
- Submit your application and pay your $145 application fee.
- Based on your application, we’ll let you know in your Calgary Student Center how and where to submit any required documents. Visit the documents page for more information.
- Access your Student Center in your myUofC portal.
- In your Student Center, click on the “My Financials” page.
- Scroll down to the Awards & Scholarships section, and click on “Apply for Undergraduate Awards”. Please ensure popups are enabled. If popups are blocked the page will not display.
- A pop-up window will open on your screen with any open applications or ones that recently closed. Please pay attention to the Application Available and Application Deadline dates.
FAQ About Scholarship
Q: What types of scholarships are available for international students at the University of Calgary in 2023?
A: The University of Calgary provides a range of scholarships for international students, including entrance awards for recently admitted students, ongoing awards for enrolled students, research-based awards, scholarships for particular fields of study, and awards for students from particular nations or regions.
Q: How can I apply for scholarships at the University of Calgary?
A: The procedure for applying may differ based on the scholarship. The majority of the time, you’ll need to fill out a scholarship application form, provide supporting materials like transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement, and fulfil the requirements. It is advised to consult the official university website and adhere to the guidelines provided for the individual scholarship criteria and deadlines.
Q: What are the eligibility criteria for University of Calgary scholarships?
A: The eligibility requirements for each award differ, but they often include elements like academic excellence, potential for leadership, community service, and financial need. Depending on the degree of study, the subject of study, or the applicant’s place of origin, some scholarships could additionally have particular conditions.
Q: Can international students at all study levels (undergraduate, graduate, doctoral) apply for scholarships?
A: Yes, there are foreign student scholarships offered by the University of Calgary for all levels of study, including undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate degrees.
Q: When is the deadline to apply for scholarships at the University of Calgary?
A: Depending on the particular scholarship programme, deadlines might change. For the most recent information on deadlines, please visit the official University of Calgary website or get in touch with the scholarship office.
Q: How competitive are the scholarships for international students at the University of Calgary?
A: The University of Calgary’s scholarships are extremely competitive due to the small number of grants and the large number of applications. To increase your chances of getting a scholarship, it’s critical to highlight special talents, leadership abilities, and good academic performance.
Q: Can international students receive multiple scholarships at the University of Calgary?
A: At the University of Calgary, overseas students may be eligible for various scholarships. It is advised to study the terms and conditions of each scholarship programme since individual regulations for receiving multiple scholarships may differ.
Q: Are there scholarships available specifically for international students from certain countries?
A: The University of Calgary does provide scholarships designed exclusively for students from particular nations or areas who are studying abroad. As part of the university’s dedication to international diversity and collaboration, some scholarships may have extra conditions or be reserved for students from certain nations or areas.
Q: How can I get more information about scholarships at the University of Calgary?
A: It is advised to check the official university website or get in touch with the scholarship office directly for additional details regarding scholarships at the University of Calgary, including particular eligibility requirements, application processes, and deadlines. They’ll provide you the most precise and recent details about the scholarships you’re interested in.
Disclaimer: This is not the official scholarship website; it is only a one-page description of the scholarship. Despite our best efforts to keep the material up to date and correct, changes might happen at any time without prior notice. The most current, accurate, and complete information may be found on the official scholarship website, which we strongly advise you to verify. Any reliance you put on knowledge received from NotesBard.com is totally at your own risk.